the bike

knoxie said:
Ypedal is the only person posting real videos of them in action with the exception of Matt who is of course making most of them 8)

knoxie said:
So cmon guys with RC rigs show us what ya got!! because at the moment all the really impressive videos out there are mainly hubbies :mrgreen:

Guess you missed my latest video Knoxie?

KiM

nice one Kim, your bike sounds a lot quieter than the other RC bikes I have heard, the forck motor bike was going along nicely as well, whats the spec on that bike and battery setup?

Cheers for sharing, looking forward to seeing more videos from you.

Here is what Matt answered me with in another thread... Not bad at 48V I am anxious to see what mine will do at 66.6 nominal!

It's a Mac running with a 12 fet infineon and magura throttle, at 48volts, 30amp main current and 75amp phase current.
The battery is made up of 16s 15ah Cellman Cells and a 80amp BMS Paul "Cellman" supplies.
The cells barely volt sag at all and are always balanced within a few millivolts. I check regularly with two 8s cell logs from hobby city.
Acceleration is more that adequate and tops out at 48kmh on level ground with a 24" rim and large 2.5" hookworm tyre.
Brilliant setup IMO.
Cheers,
Matt

Oh Right

I go to work everyday on one of them! ha ha, I got a few of them thats sensible to keep the volts below 48 above that and things start to go wrong quickly with those motors I know I have a loft full of broken ones :roll:

Knoxie

Yes, they are a good overall design, but the assembly and manufacturing leaves a bit to be desired if you open one up. They truely do more than they were designed to do though, I am hoping to get mine to live at over 2K watts so we will see what happens...

Yes it is very quiet IMO Knoxie, riding at 40km/hr the motor just ticks over, only when i hit the hills do i give it WOT.

Matts is actually up near 59v hot off the charger... at the end of the 22km ride (in that video) it hadn't dropped below 48v It performed brilliantly i thought, just kicking myself the camera turned off, I took Matt to Mundaring Weir rd, its a looooooong drawn out steep uphill section, we got stuck behind slow traffic too so the frock had to run less than full throttle up it and went really well. :lol: Don't get me wrong though chaps i haven't changed my opinion one iota , even on their best day the frocks are poor in comparison to non frock setup, no acceleration to speak of, no bottom end torque at all, but for everyday use by a lady rider worried about her dress getting caught in the chain of a non frock setup, they would be an excellent choice. :mrgreen: :p :lol:

KiM

p.s Matts was pulling 2kw through his frock to Whiplash so you will be fine, his didn't even get hot.

Cool! Thanks for the info! I Love the area you guys live in, how do I get the Gov't to let me move there??!!

Whiplash said:
how do I get the Gov't to let me move there??!!

Well..floating down from Indonesia on a boat as 'refugee' is your best bet, after a short stay in 'detention' your granted residency and given 700 bucks a week to live on.

KiM

Really? SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN! LOL! Really though, Is it hard to get granted citizenship? America seems on a dead end road to be honest, I like the way you people think and do things!

hi guys

excuse me but for the moment i'm in holiday in italy after that y post some beautifull vid ;)

Back