The new Qute Q100H motor

Can you give me information about max speed of different version of Q100H in 12S in 26 wheel. THANKS.

- Q100H 36V 201 RPM @ 12S ???
- Q100H 36V 260 RPM @ 12S ???

I have the 201rpm q100H laced to 700c and 13s getting about 21 to 22 mph. I was surprised I couldn't hear the motor while riding next to it but it's certainly gotten this distinct whine. I like it.

I have narrowed down to two motors, q100h and Bafang G01
http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/motors/mg01-std.html

My primary concern is noise, second is power, I want to have as much power as possible.
It look slike they have same size but Bfang is a bit heavier.
Do you guys know what to get here? I will be running 26" @10s the preferred target speed is 30-40km/h
If this is impossible at 10s with adequate torque then I might build 12 or 14s pack.
Looks like I need 260rpm version, any of you know kV for it?

You are thinking about buying a $170 mini and shipping it from Canada to Sweden? You could buy 2 or 3 Q100's for that kind of money. If you run it on the Ebike CA sim., you will see it's a high speed motor anyway (300 RPM @ 36 V), not really suitable for a 26" wheel. It's actually a new listing for Ebike CA, replacing their Outrider, a MXUS clone that was an underperformer.
You are correct that the mid-speed 260 RPM (@ 36 Volts) speed motor on 12S is the best all around compromise for a mini. That is what I run on the frt. on my 2WD and it tops out around 36 KPH. On the rear, I run a Q100CST high speed motor (290 RPM @ 36 V) on 12S and it has the same top speed. It is current limited, not RPM limited and that is the basic problem with high-speed mini's in big wheels. My two motors together top out over 40 KPH, the 260 helping to pull the high speed rear higher up in it's RPM range.
I don't consider any of the mini's particually noisey, but the 260H has a little more gear noise than the CST. I suspect it's a function of power. The CST on a square wave controller can be barely heard and on a sine wave is dead silent. At any rate, if your tires have some tread, they will drown out any of these motors at any speed above walking.
So to sumerize;
The H is capable of a higher power level than the CST, but for a rear mount, it requires a free wheel, which I do not much care for.
I run both on 17 Amp controllers, but the H model will take up to 22 A. The CST is best left @ 17 Amp.
The next, best power-level geared motor I.M.O., is the new Q128H. It can be had in a mid-speed by using the 201/48V version. And it will take a cassette.

motomech, I was going to get the Phaserunner from Justin anyway so thats why I look on his page. I want to have a small sine-wave controller and having 20-25A for short burst(a few seconds)
Anyway, got a respone from him:
"the G01 motors have straight spur gears rather than helical, so better efficiency (helical gears have more frictional/slippage lose) but probably a little noisier too. So if noise is your number 1 criteria, then I would go with the q100h"

This makes me go for q100h/CST in this case. Are they the same diameter?
This one looks really neat, the size is perfect for me:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54297#p849453

Any tips on where to get one except BMSbattery? I want to have on in black.
I guess I would need 260rpm for 26" 36V?

The q100H and Q100C are the same diameter. The q100c is narrower to make room for the cassette spline.

motomech said:
So to sumerize;
The H is capable of a higher power level than the CST, but for a rear mount, it requires a free wheel, which I do not much care for.
I run both on 17 Amp controllers, but the H model will take up to 22 A. The CST is best left @ 17 Amp.
The next, best power-level geared motor I.M.O., is the new Q128H. It can be had in a mid-speed by using the 201/48V version. And it will take a cassette.

Nice, so the H can take a little more power than the other models. 22amps instead of 17 amps. THat is cool.
Curious, why don't you like freewheels? The selection available? The gearing available? Something else?

Just installed q100h 260rpm with a phase runner. What Batt amps/phase amps are you using? Right now I have 20/60A
With 26" i get 39km/h with no load. I am picky about the noise but the motor is really silent, way quieter than my bafang bbs02.
I made a video so you can judge, keep in mind that during the load when you drive the sound is different, not that loud as in the video. Anyway, the motor sound with throttle is about the same as when you release the throttle and let it spin free - the bearings are just as loud!

Did a test drive with 14s battery on about 50% charge top speed was 48km/h so it is about the same as my bafang. But this motor is very, very smooth in operation, I like it heaps better! But I have one issue, sometimes the clutch does not engage so the motor makes funny noise? This mostly happens when I drive fast, release the throttle and apply the throttle again.
[youtube]-2Oo5FMbLio[/youtube]

chas58 said:
motomech said:
So to sumerize;

Nice, so the H can take a little more power than the other models. 22amps instead of 17 amps. THat is cool.
Curious, why don't you like freewheels? The selection available? The gearing available? Something else?

Actually, after several years of using the Q100C (Cassette), I'm ditching it.
The design has the hub section so off-set to make room for the cassette, that it is impossible to get the rim centered. I've tried several lacing techniques to no avail. Here, one can see that the rim is almost directly over the inside(of the dish)spokes and the rim is still not centered;
100_0069 (1).JPG
I have "pushed" and "pulled"(dished)the rim as far as it will go and and still lack about a 1/2" to get it aligned behind the frt. wheel and when riding, there is a twitchy feeling due to the wheels not being in alignment.
At this point, I suspose I could dish the frt. wheel to line them up, but that would move both wheels off the bike's centerline and I'm not willing to do that.
I'm going with a older Ezee V1 geared motor that I have had lying around for a number of years.
For those who want to use the Q100 on the rear, I would have to recommend the Q100H, which, of course, would have to use a free wheel.
I have used the DNP free wheels quite a bit and would have to say it's better than most(myself included) give it credit for. It really depends how much shifting one is doing. My current fav. set-up is to use a 8-speed DNP with my 9-speed shifter and adjust it so the first 3 gears shift the smoothest, as I will only be using those gears w/the larger Ezee. As I recall, w/ the Q100H rear on 20 Amps, the most gears I would use would be 4.
But, when I first used the Q100C on say, 15 Amps, I thought I would be using more gears and I did, until I got lazy and went back to only using 3. So, IMO, shifting thru many gears like a bicycle(which is easier w/ a cassette) was more a matter of choice, but at some point, using a bunch of gears actually slows one down, even on a super low-power system like the Cute C on a SO6P.
The other thing I do w/ the DNP is to cut off the largest gear. This doesn't effect the shifting of course, but makes it look smaller.

Thanks motomech. I had the same issue with my chinese built wheel (although it is not so serious on the freewheel motor). I think if you had the wheel built with the right spokes, it would work. On my wheel, they used the same length spokes on both sides, so the wheel is centered over the motor, not the axle. It would have worked fine on my single speed bike, but not the bike with gears. So, I have to over tension the spokes on the cassette side to get the wheel near center (it won't go exactly on center). I also have to frequently adjust the spoke tension, because this is not an optimum setup.

Just another reason why I don't pay the huge shipping costs for a poor wheel build from china, when i can take the money I save from shipping a wheel and have a local shop build me a wheel that matches and fits my bike.

Allex said:
Just installed q100h 260rpm with a phase runner. What Batt amps/phase amps are you using? Right now I have 20/60A
With 26" i get 39km/h with no load. I am picky about the noise but the motor is really silent, way quieter than my bafang bbs02.
I made a video so you can judge, keep in mind that during the load when you drive the sound is different, not that loud as in the video. Anyway, the motor sound with throttle is about the same as when you release the throttle and let it spin free - the bearings are just as loud!

Did a test drive with 14s battery on about 50% charge top speed was 48km/h so it is about the same as my bafang. But this motor is very, very smooth in operation, I like it heaps better! But I have one issue, sometimes the clutch does not engage so the motor makes funny noise? This mostly happens when I drive fast, release the throttle and apply the throttle again.

Wow, 52v?
at 20 amps, your power peak is about 700watts at 34kph That should get you about 38kph on the road. Not bad.

To get round the dishing problem, i stretch my frame and then put a spacer on the left side of the axle. This brings the disc too far from the caliper, so I put a load of washers behind the caliper adapter. The brake works very well, but the lack of stiffness in the mount makes it sing when you apply it, which is quite useful for scaring pedestrians out of the way.

Here you can see how far my Xiongda disc is from the frame and the washers behind the caliper adapter.

Back