Twin motored PK Ripper--A little over the top!

There's a concept called "direct linking" and some websites don't allow direct linking because it could mean other websites would benefit from posting resources that the host is hosting. The result is, if you're logged into the service Blogspot and somebody else is not, that person won't be able to view that image since blogspot doesn't allow such direct linking(However, if they were logged in, they *might* be able to see it.).

Also, I can't see it. And, no, it isn't the browser: All browsers can display jpegs.

By popular demand, here are some higher rez pics. :mrgreen:

Matt

Attachments

• hr1.jpg
    hr1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,850
  • hr2.jpg
    hr2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,863
  • hr3.jpg
    hr3.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 2,867
  • hr5.jpg
    hr5.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 2,863
  • hr7.jpg
    hr7.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,853
It is a trials bike chain. The benefit is easier chain fitting (length). I just think it looks cool.

They were out of these chains when I tried getting another. Ultimately, I want bike chains to be half link style.

Matt

I did a huge amount of work today. I took care of many details like adding shaft flats for set screws and what-not. I also made my battery pack mount plate.

You can see the CF plate (it is 7mm thick CF/plywood laminate). There will be a second plate on the right side of the bike too (not shown in the pics).

I pedalled the bike around too. It is geared tall! That is a good thing. It also has good handling qualities. Oh, the brakes are phenominal!

I am down to wiring now!

Matt

Attachments

• almost1.jpg
    almost1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2,590
  • almost2.jpg
    almost2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,600
  • almost3.jpg
    almost3.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2,593
I'm loving it Matt! Uber cool!

Anytime I see that much LiPo, it gives me tingles :) You have a huge amount of power potential, and very little bike weight.

I'm going to have to get those 18fet infinions setup on my bike to pump in 10kw per motor to make sure I can keep up with that monster :)

You know that is going to be a uni-cycle right? The throttle just adjusts the height you sit. You could save weight and take that front wheel off :)

CNCAddict said:
Need to add a wheelie bar, that would be hilarious ;)

Oh my, that would be too funny. :D

This thing is sort of an exercise in "How much power can I pack into the smallest rideable package?"

I know this thing will be crazy. It is also geared relatively low (motor gearing). It is 13.5 to 1 from the motor to the wheel. Roughly calculating, I would say it is geared for about 40mph. This thing has power for 70mph or more if I really wanted it. But, 40 is the fastest our roads really allow for. So, geared for 40mph, it should be stupid powerful with enough speed for my area.

Oh, I want to be able to drift with this thing. I think it would be cool to lean forward enough to keep the front wheel down, grab some front brake and nail the throttle for some figure 8 tire smokin.

I was invited to ride in our town's parade this July 4th. I think this bike will make quite an attraction.

Matt

This bike looking better every day. :D

I like your thinking with the tyre smoking drifting action. A video of this is a must.

Kurt.

CNCAddict said:
Need to add a wheelie bar, that would be hilarious ;)
jc.jpg

I nearly finished my Lipo mount. It has a sort of wave look. That material is a proprietary 7mm thick CF plywood laminate I have made special for my RC heli main keels (Does it look familiar, Gary? :wink: ).

That material is super strong and ultra light.

At this point, all the mechanical work is finished other than a terminal block I want to CNC out of Delrin.

I need to get a decent scale. I would say the bike feels about 45 to 48 pounds with all equipment mounted including the pack. I have to figure a way to weigh it properly.

I will be taking the bike home from the shop soon to begin all the wiring.

It is getting close, my friends. Very close! :mrgreen:

Matt

Attachments

• bike5.jpg
    bike5.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 3,314
recumpence said:
I
I need to get a decent scale. I would say the bike feels about 45 to 48 pounds with all equipment mounted including the pack. I have to figure a way to weigh it properly.

1 x Bathroom scales are all you need. Just stand the bike up vertically on its back wheel and balance it with your fingers. It helps if you lock the rear brake with some duct tape between the brake lever and the brake handle. You can get a very accurate measurement this way.

I got bogged down with customer bikes so progress has been slower than i would like, but i am still gathering parts, spokes are on the way from ebikes.ca for the 32 hole rim and NuVinci hub, i've talked to a few people regarding the mount portion and there are a few options to consider.. should have a build thread going in about a week or so !!! :D

recumpence said:
I nearly finished my Lipo mount. It has a sort of wave look. That material is a proprietary 7mm thick CF plywood laminate I have made special for my RC heli main keels (Does it look familiar, Gary? :wink: ).

My "FreeStyle" is upstairs twitchin' a might. :wink: :mrgreen:

Very cool looking machine, for sure. Can't wait to see this in action. :)

-- Gary

Back