Where can i get such a weldable Blade receptacle

eikido

10 W
I'm trying to find such a weldable Blade receptacle but can't find anything alike.
It is 2.8 mm and the material is either copper or nickel as it is weldable.
I tried to weld a similar Blade receptacle made out of brass and it didn't go well :eek:
I don't know if you can weld brass to batteries.

Blade receptacle.jpg

How about you measure the blade of the Male mate to the connector shown, cut some tin of similar thickness (slightly thicker OK) to that width, weld that to the battery, then use the Female connector to mate to the welded tin strip?

I've never seen those before. it's clear from the pic that it's been misused, so that means it's not likely proprietary. That means it's probably for sale somewhere.

Brass will spot weld, but maybe not with a battery welder, or at heat levels you want to use on a battery. brass can be soldered easy, though.

DS.. Not sure what you mean by misused.... Doesn't look DIY (maybe it is?)
Not a bad idea for bench top use, but certainly wouldnt use it as part of a pack.

Thanks folks. I will see what to do. This battery is from a German made hair trimmer. =)

kdog said:
Not sure what you mean by misused....

There are four dimples for welding it to the cell. Only two are on the cell, the others are hanging over the edge.

They probably did this so it would fit inside the device; current flow is probably small enough to not be a problem.

amberwolf said:
kdog said:
Not sure what you mean by misused....

There are four dimples for welding it to the cell. Only two are on the cell, the others are hanging over the edge.

They probably did this so it would fit inside the device; current flow is probably small enough to not be a problem.

Yep Yep. Plus the metal weldable section would be pressing against the wrapping if welded on like that, over a point where it would cause a short, without the protection ring fitted. It could get hot enough to melt through that and cause a nice fire on the assembly line, or at any time in it's service life. Or it could take any kind of impact. you have pointy edges over a thin plastic membrane separating it from having a significant thermal event.

I seriously doubt this would pass UL or CE inspections. That kind of blunder, and all Amberwolf's points too, tell me the person who decided to use it wasn't the person it was designed for, and probably not using it with any oversite from someone who would know better. Meaning they bought it somewhere. And that means it for sale, someplace.

So that picture is good news, from a certain point of view. :mrgreen:

Back