KT-LCD6 Locked settings

nazeebo

1 µW
Hi everyone, just discovered this amazing forum after buying my new (used) ebike yesterday!
It's a 48V/20A, 500W fat bike with a KT-LCD6 display. When I use the throttle and there's external resistance (for example trying to climb a pavement) the motor disconnects, it seems I am only allowed to use the throttle very lightly in these cases.
I figured it might have to do with the controller settings and tried to make some changes but it seems the only setting I can modify is P1, the display is locked on everything else - I can see each individual setting (P and C) blinking but pressing the arrows doesn’t do anything.
Anyone heard about this issue before? Is there anything I can do?
Otherwise the bike is a beast compared to the old piece of s**t I own :)

Thanks!!

Was the battery fully charged when you experienced the behavior?

Are you saying that you can't access the C settings (C12)?

My thinking lines up with what E-HP is thinking. I just wanted to add that the settings are held in the display itself. Worst case, if you really want to get into a locked down KT based system, you replace the display. Careful shopping can get the price of those pretty affordable.

E-HP said:
Was the battery fully charged when you experienced the behavior?

Are you saying that you can't access the C settings (C12)?

I can access all the settings, but when pressing the up/down arrow on each blinking setting, nothing happens (except P1 that seems to work correctly for some reason)

aroundqube said:
Try this ; http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=542

Thanks! I already went over the manual but it doesn’t say anything about being unable to change settings. Out of all the settings the only one I can change is P1.

Back