Please help, [locked display accidentally] vilitan v3

koby4699

1 µW
So let me start off by saying that I'm mechanically inclined, I just haven't got much experience with Ebikes.
So I bought a vilitan v3 foldable 2nd hand off someone and thus I didn't get a manual. The bike was cheap because it had Been damaged from a minor wreck, th display was cracked and was only partially legible. So I googled how to make it go faster, (duh, who wants a governor lol) and I succeeded in my mission. I learned how to press both + & - at the same time to enter the settings. But unfortunately the video wasn't brand specific and I had no idea what the different abriviations stood for. But I managed to unlock the 4 previously locked speeds 6-9. And it made a significant difference in speed and throttle response. Then I did what I call a FUBAR F**k up. I went back into the settings to adjust the Peddle Assist percentages, and I came to the setting on the display that showed PAS, and I clicked on it, and I thought I was adjusting numbers, but come to find out my dumb A$$ entered a damn password and enabled it to password protect the bike on every start up. I know your thinking WHAT A IDIOT, yes your right, I did that 100% to my self. Ughhh.

My question is, do any of you ebike gurus, know a solution to fix my stupidity???. Can I bypass the display, because that's how the bikes electrical side is activated. Is the display just a monitor like a computer monitor with a separate location for the tower. Or is my display the actual brain itself.

If I buy a new display from vilitan, when I plug it in on my bike, will it turn on like nothing ever happened, or will the bike still be locked.

My question is, do any of you ebike gurus, know a solution to fix my stupidity???. Can I bypass the display, because that's how the bikes electrical side is activated. Is the display just a monitor like a computer monitor with a separate location for the tower. Or is my display the actual brain itself.

If I buy a new display from vilitan, when I plug it in on my bike, will it turn on like nothing ever happened, or will the bike still be locked.
Frequently if you bypass the display, assuming you can, the controller will run at some default settings. Since the display is the interface with the controller, you wouldn't be able to do things like change assist levels, or change the setup. Displays are manufacturer specific (unless the firmware has been modified), so you probably won't be able to find a compatible one on Amazon. Also, many/most factory bikes have proprietary systems, so only work with the hardware that comes with them. I believe the password is to unlock the display, so if you are able to get one from the manufacturer, chances are it will work, unless they've made changes to the firmware.

Ok awesome, so the display isn't just a "display" . It has some sort of ecu type of thing in it. Because all the adjustments are made thru it?

Ok awesome, so the display isn't just a "display" . It has some sort of ecu type of thing in it. Because all the adjustments are made thru it?
It has enough smarts to send the right signals to the controller's MCU. It's more of a user interface, with a display function. Some have a factory reset option in their menus to restore the factory defaults to the display, which may or may not include resetting the password flag.

I read about that, but to get to that setting, it has to be unlocked lmao. Vilitan has the OEM display for only 100 bucks. I got it ordered. Hopefully it works.

I read about that, but to get to that setting, it has to be unlocked lmao. Vilitan has the OEM display for only 100 bucks. I got it ordered. Hopefully it works.
Oh, I didn't get that you forgot the password. I thought you just wanted to change a setting so you don't need to enter it each time. good luck!

Back