Stromer ST1 Display settings help please!

vicario

1 µW
Hello,

I purchased at ST1 Platinum Sport in 2017. The bike is able to go 42.5km/hr. I'm in Canada where E-bikes are limited to 33km/hr.
I fell off my bike this winter and the display screen cracked. Display still works but I can't see what mode I'm in, battery life, speed etc etc.
I ordered a replacement display here: Stromer - Display ST1 All ST1 (36V).
I received the display, installed it on my bike and realized that the display now limits my bike to 33km/hr and the gearing is such that I'm basically doing all the work to get to this speed; not a workable solution.
I called Amego and they informed me that Stromer got in trouble from Transport Canada re: E-bikes going faster than 33km/hr and thus have limited the display to this speed.
I understand there is a way for me to access the settings on the display to change it back to the original gearing/speed specs of my ST1 Platinum Sport.
Would someone kindly provide me with idiot proof (!) instructions on how to do this?

Thank you very much. JDV.

Hello,

I purchased at ST1 Platinum Sport in 2017. The bike is able to go 42.5km/hr. I'm in Canada where E-bikes are limited to 33km/hr.
I fell off my bike this winter and the display screen cracked. Display still works but I can't see what mode I'm in, battery life, speed etc etc.
I ordered a replacement display here: Stromer - Display ST1 All ST1 (36V).
I received the display, installed it on my bike and realized that the display now limits my bike to 33km/hr and the gearing is such that I'm basically doing all the work to get to this speed; not a workable solution.
I called Amego and they informed me that Stromer got in trouble from Transport Canada re: E-bikes going faster than 33km/hr and thus have limited the display to this speed.
I understand there is a way for me to access the settings on the display to change it back to the original gearing/speed specs of my ST1 Platinum Sport.
Would someone kindly provide me with idiot proof (!) instructions on how to do this?

Thank you very much. JDV.
Hi JDV,
I've locked myself out of my display and need a replacement so that I use it again. You wouldn't happen to still have your old one would you?

Back