$1000 CAD CYC Photon

Epithemeus

10 W
Would really prefer not to have to ship it if I can avoid it so strong preference will be given to local pickup. I am located in Langley BC Canada. If I do ship you pay the shipping cost, not included.

Kit details
- 34t chainring
- Brake sensors included*
- 1138km odometer
- DS103 display
- Thumb throttle**
- 175mm cranks

* I'll discount $30 if you don't want the brake sensors
** I'll discount $25 if you don't want the throttle (so $55 if you don't want either throttle or brake sensors)

Background info

My original kit was having issues with stuttering and the motor spinning up but not engaging (I think it was spinning backwards?) Anyway it was still under warranty so I contacted Golden Motor. They said hall sensor issue (I agree) and sent me a new motor core. I replaced the motor core but have only bench tested it and not installed it back on my bike. It seems to be working just fine now. I can include the original motor core if desired since they didn't ask for it back.

My reason for selling isn't because of the issues, it just turns out I don't really like middrives (I found it great for pedal assist, pretty meh for throttle) and want to get a hub instead.

Attached are pictures, it has some superficial scratches I did my best to capture, probably from kicking up rocks or something. Also when reinstalling the controller I didn't do as neat a job with the liquid gasket as the factory. I was more interested in a good seal then pretty. I included a close up to give an idea.

I'll answer questions about the motor specifically in this thread, DM me with any other questions like negotiation etc.

Attachments

• 20240131_202257.jpg
    20240131_202257.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240131_202234.jpg
    20240131_202234.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240131_202208.jpg
    20240131_202208.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Edit: All is fixed now. Motor is working great.

Okay I can see why I got no bites now. I've got it back on the bike and the torque sensor isn't responding now. Took it all apart and rechecked the connections. Still nothing. At least the stuttering has stopped though. I'm attempting to get a new torque sensor shipped and will replace it. So I guess the listing is on hold for now. However if someone is interested and willing to wait till it's fixed (I wouldn't accept any money until I'm sure it's fully working), I'm willing to be pretty darn flexible on offers given the inconvenience. Original price was $1200 CAD

Last edited:
Bump since the motor is all fixed up now and working and running great. Also lowered price.

Back