1500 watt Voilamart kit problems

Irishman1771

100 µW
Has anyone here ever gotten a Voilamart 1500 48 volt kit to work??
I received the kit in a timely manner so I thought everything was going to be honky dorry -- wow was I wrong!!!! I got a kit with a bad controller. Ok this happens I guess. Voilamart says they need proof that the controller doesn't work, but how am I supposed to that?! So, I gave up with them.
So , I bought another controller that's supposed to work with ebikes but it does nothing at all. I decided to just order the same controller that comes with the kit. I have been waiting now 48 days for my controller to come in grrr!!
About the same time that I ordered the Voilamart kit I also ordered a different 2000 watt kit from a different company. It works flawlessly!! I can't remember the other company name.
The kit that actually works was $500.00 bucks. Voilamart was like $220.00 so I guess you get what you pay for.
Aaron

Irishman1771 said:
Has anyone here ever gotten a Voilamart 1500 48 volt kit to work??
I received the kit in a timely manner so I thought everything was going to be honky dorry -- wow was I wrong!!!! I got a kit with a bad controller. Ok this happens I guess. Voilamart says they need proof that the controller doesn't work, but how am I supposed to that?! So, I gave up with them.
So , I bought another controller that's supposed to work with ebikes but it does nothing at all. I decided to just order the same controller that comes with the kit. I have been waiting now 48 days for my controller to come in grrr!!
About the same time that I ordered the Voilamart kit I also ordered a different 2000 watt kit from a different company. It works flawlessly!! I can't remember the other company name.
The kit that actually works was $500.00 bucks. Voilamart was like $220.00 so I guess you get what you pay for.
Aaron

My friend got a volimart kit too, the controller died too. Just order an external controller and pull out the phase and hall wires from the motor through the axle instead of the battery+signal wires that currently come from it.

I got a sick kit for 580 including 48v 24ah battery from chamrider aliexpress, mxus 1000w+ geared motor, 2000w controller pre laced.

Tommm said:
I got a sick kit for 580 including 48v 24ah battery from chamrider aliexpress, mxus 1000w+ geared motor, 2000w controller pre laced.

What type of cells are they using in that battery pack, and what speeds are you seeing out of that motor?

E-HP said:
Tommm said:

What type of cells are they using in that battery pack, and what speeds are you seeing out of that motor?

They use the liitokala 21700 lii-48s, possibly samsung 48g rewraps. They are 9.4a each, so it makes even more sense to go 5p with 48v over 4p 52v for 40a on both.
It goes 55kph/35mph, gets there fast and hills barely slow it down.

Tommm said:
They use the liitokala 21700 lii-48s, possibly samsung 48g rewraps. They are 9.4a each, so it makes even more sense to go 5p with 48v over 4p 52v for 40a on both.
I've been contemplating the 21700 cells for my next project. It looks like UPP has a case that will fit well into my full suspension frame. The UPP pack has options for a 30A or 40A BMS, using Samsung 5000mAh cells. 40 sounds like too much, since the pack is 14S3P. Also, I can't find much on the cells; they are supposed to be 3C rated. I see the "INR" but not the "ICR" version when googling.
"Samsung ICR 21700 50E 5000mah ,3C"
I could also get the 40A BMS and limit current at the controller. I'll be running a couple of lipo packs in series to add some more range and performance so 30A might be good.

E-HP said:
Tommm said:
I've been contemplating the 21700 cells for my next project. It looks like UPP has a case that will fit well into my full suspension frame.

I would make sure you can't fit anything bigger first. Hailongs come in the same length, and in 9cm 11cm 13cm tall versions.

Hello everyone, I actually did order another controller for my Voilamart kit but I can't get it to work no matter what I do. I ended up ordering a replacement controller for the kit so hopefully it will work.
I don't understand a few of the other post/questions others have asked. Someone asked something about what speeds am I getting?? I'm not getting anything out of my Voila kit!! It's completely dead!! I built my own battery pack for it using Samsung Q30 15amp Cells. I use this battery in my other kit and it flies!! So the battery is good.
Thanks for all the replies!! If I didn't answer anybody's replies please ask me again. I'm new to this forum.
Thanks everyone
Aaron

I just figured out the one post I was confused about lol. They weren't even talking to me oops lol. I'm a little slow I guess.

I was given 2 complete voilamart kits a guy gave up trying to install for whatever reason. They both are running great, even after doing shunt mods on both of them.

I would get that kit to start in a good 52 volt batterydistractions you should know what cells are inside the battery and research those cells to make sure they are quality and double the rating of what you need. Look at bicycle motor works for a battery.

My first build was a voilamart, worked flawlessly for 2 years before I upgraded. Maybe some pictures might help.

E-HP said:
Tommm said:
I've been contemplating the 21700 cells for my next project. It looks like UPP has a case that will fit well into my full suspension frame. The UPP pack has options for a 30A or 40A BMS, using Samsung 5000mAh cells. 40 sounds like too much, since the pack is 14S3P. Also, I can't find much on the cells; they are supposed to be 3C rated. I see the "INR" but not the "ICR" version when googling.
I could also get the 40A BMS and limit current at the controller. I'll be running a couple of lipo packs in series to add some more range and performance so 30A might be good.

I built a battery pack using the liitokala lii 50E's recently. Russia youtuber tested them, this is his result: https://youtu.be/mXOg3mCTYcc?t=1132

They won't explode at 3c discharge, but instead of getting 4.8ah you only get 3.5ah. I got around this by building a enormous 13s10p battery so even at my controllers max draw I am drawing less then 1C of current.

caseylain said:
E-HP said:
Tommm said:

I built a battery pack using the liitokala lii 50E's recently. Russia youtuber tested them, this is his result: https://youtu.be/mXOg3mCTYcc?t=1132

They won't explode at 3c discharge, but instead of getting 4.8ah you only get 3.5ah. I got around this by building a enormous 13s10p battery so even at my controllers max draw I am drawing less then 1C of current.

Before people jump to a conclusion, the samsung 50e overheated even before it got to 3.5ah.

For both liitokala and samsung 3C is way too much. It should be viewed as a 2C cell, same as the 48s.
This is why I advise going 5p on 48v over 4p on 52v... First way is 8a per cell, second is 10a.

Back