160 KW 72v Cntroller QS/Yuma 15KW 300A BMS

Hi all this seems to have worked some people up quite a bit so let me clarify that customers purchasing directly from fardriver.io are granted infinite tech support and personal one on one phone support during setup. we offer free support and also paid support to non fardriver.io customers for a small fee.

We think its fair for the expertise we offer to charge outside builders, shop owners , and others who purchased fardriver product as well as other brands of electric vehicle equipment through alternate sources. We feel confident in the jurisprudence of this decision and we're following common business practices while offering affordable support for all. I do fear that the pricing will scare those in need without the means to pay even $30 from sending a message to us explaining the circumstances they find themselves in.

We have experienced the sticker shock from being charged enormous sums for support and what are often referred to as "licenses" for tech equipmen.t Specifically equipment for corporate and high end installs and customers. when we created our pricing model we were aiming to address the need for help and the need for affordable pricing for the largest group. in doing so we were sure to satisfy most customers. it turns out that we did succeed for the most part. there are a few loud but few in number entities who believe that there should be no charge for tech support. they may lack the experiences others have. they may have become cloyed by the ever rising costs of batteries - forcing a compromise in their build. they may be jaded by the cost of the high power speed that they crave and know they deserve because they may be skilled riders who find themselves shaking their heads when reading about wealthy buyers builds with limitless budgets. expensive custom fabrication and the best most powerful cells for batteries. now they find out that the knowledge they seek on the internet a space for sharing wisdom freely is a marketing loophole for opportunistic "experts". They may feel scammed in a way by the whole notion of someone selling experience. How can one sell the knowledge needed to enjoy a device that I have already purchased?" they may post or think or share with the like-minded. Once this thought is reinforced by other like-minded individuals they may put into action a campaign to force the hand of the "greedy purveyor of knowledge" attempting to shame them into obsolescence. They've had enough and they're not going to take it anymore.

If someone decided to choose this path - there really isn't a lot to be done. But we must do something. All it takes for bad things to happen is for good people to do nothing. Its best to ignore and move on or return the vitriol and scorn - to Stay positive focused on the majority opinion which they ignore or fling stones and light fires. Is it faster to burn the forest with two lighters? Ignoring facts and truths and reality is a symptom of inattentional blindness. It may also be symptom of our low pricing being just low enough to trigger those who've had it up to here with the nickel and diming and the high shipping costs.

With wisdom and patience as a guide we've decided to ask the fine fellow free thinkers to reassess the situation with a cooler head. If they still have the same opinion that there should be no "paid experts". That people should fight their own fires & crime, do their own taxes, fix their own cars, teach their own children, administer their own chemotherapy, drive the trains, fly the planes, and no one should be paid for mastery of a craft - then carry on with the campaign. but if you have changed your mind. please remove the posts you made while of the angry mindset. they are a scratch on the tree of society that allows us to gather peacefully here and in other forums to share and to care about the things we love. We hope to help. if you have expertise in guerilla marketing we could use your help. Bartering skills for valuables is a superb transition from foe to friendship or at least frenemyship lol. Thanks for not TL/DRing our thoughts and may the stars always shine bright on your rides at night.

regards

nicobie said:
I can't even imagine running a bike with that amount of phase current...I'm curious to see if you still hold the batteries on with a hf ratchet strap...

I'll have you know that not only is a ratchet strap an ingenious weight saving device it also has to be the best multi purpose item for sale at HF - duck tape notwithstanding - and should never be lent out even to your closest bestest buddy because when asked for its return you'll always face the response describing its current responsibility of keeping over half of their world from falling apart and destroying property and possibly killing dead anyone in a 300 meter radius.

You must be careful to always keep the ratchet strap disguised as "in use" while in your possession to avoid having to turn down pleas to use it "just for an hour or two" which quickly becomes a weekend which morphs into after the wedding then their fathers passing and how they're using it to do something or other to save a bundle on the funeral and the final response which will stop you from ever bringing up the subject of its return ever again will inevitably involve the son removing it from its duties temporarily against their stern protests and applying it to some dislocated car assembly just to get it home. Good luck keeping it in constant service. You've been advised.

That's a lot of words, and some pretty convoluted.

I never saw anyone here state that infinite support should be free, in fact very much the opposite.

What we need is CERTAINTY that the conditions (and pricing if any) of getting that support will not change after you have our money.

That a deal made now will hold true, and if your terms change for future deals, all will be transparent.

Are you a representative of the company?

A reseller, employee, independent contractor?

Have your own company? Located in what legal jurisdiction?

Can you prepare a written document (ideally a legally enforceable contract) that states what the support policies are for units purchased now?

Short concise, to the point answers please.

john61ct said:
Short concise, to the point answers:

1. CERTAINTY that the conditions (and pricing if any) of getting that support will not change

Absolutely - all purchasing customers are supported fully including by phone/live web chat during installation.

john61ct said:
That a deal made now will hold true, and if your terms change for future deals, all will be transparent.

A deal made now will hold true and all conditions are guaranteed.

john61ct said:
Are you a representative of the company? A reseller, employee, independent contractor? Have your own company? Located in what legal jurisdiction?
We are the direct representative of Nanjing Far Drive Worldwide.

john61ct said:
Can you prepare a written document (ideally a legally enforceable contract) that states what the support policies are for units purchased now?

Yes a written document will be prepared. Purchases include invoices with all the support details stated. If you'd like to prepare an additional service contract with support for your clients this can be arranged.

These seem like serious inquiries. Keep in mind the added delivery times due to shipping delays and chip shortages.
All serious inquiries should be directed to sales@fardriver.io

Thanks for your interest!

Which only increases the perception of shady dealings.

I am only interested in such discussions taking place in public

john61ct said:
Which only increases the perception of shady dealings.

I am only interested in such discussions taking place in public
please answer the following:

have you ever ridden a motorcycle?
what is your facebook name?
did you have a birthday recently?
do you plan to make a purchase?
would you like to become a member of the fardriver.io team?
how familiar are you with the Far Driver products?
how has lvchao been in regards to tech support?
how have the SIA team been regarding tech support?
why are there so many questions posted in forums if the support provided currently is so fabulous?
do you think its good form to harass the one outfit offering tech support?

Looks a bit heated in here....maybe we could all just see how things pan out a bit more and stop making assumptions.
Anyone has the right to make a business and promises as to how their product and support will operate, just how anyone has the right to question that business and it's dealings in a public forum. Neither of these break forum rules as long as it's done respectfully.

If a business chooses to advertise their product on a public forum with lofty claims, expect to get some attention. If you can back up those claims that attention will turn into sales. If not, expect to get roasted. :)

Cheers

Certainly not my intention to make you feel "harassed".

Just what is considered normal due diligence in dealing with an "informal business" operating across borders, only online.

I will definitely post pics when my 2400Amp unit arrives.
I'm still patiently waiting, he did warn me when I ordered that the 2400Amp units are special order builds and would take a bit to receive.

liveforphysics said:
I'm still patiently waiting, he did warn me when I ordered that the 2400Amp units are special order builds and would take a bit to receive.

insanely patient. I'm flabbergasted but I have been working on this to no avail. it seems the chip shortage raw materials price increases and Shanghai shutdown are much more serious than anyone actually knows. I'm actually expecting a shipment Monday night. We may go alternative if what we've been patiently waiting for is not included. What I mean is there is an alternative and it is ND Far Drive and it is 2200 Phase. this will be available and its a "for the time being" solution that I can provide you with. I'll touch DM you as soon as I know for sure.

Redsea Rider said:
liveforphysics said:

insanely patient. I'm flabbergasted but I have been working on this to no avail. it seems the chip shortage raw materials price increases and Shanghai shutdown are much more serious than anyone actually knows. I'm actually expecting a shipment Monday night. We may go alternative if what we've been patiently waiting for is not included. What I mean is there is an alternative and it is ND Far Drive and it is 2200 Phase. this will be available and its a "for the time being" solution that I can provide you with. I'll touch DM you as soon as I know for sure.

I appreciate the kind offer, and I'm swimming in 850-950Amp controller options to crutch me along while I wait. :lol: :cry: I've got so much work to keep me busy from morning till night that months go by like days passing, and waiting isn't inconveniencing me, don't sweat it my friend.

"....me busy from morning till night"

I as well there two new software packages and a debugger so I'm excited for the near far future.

Hello my friend!

I'm very patient, but has there been progress on the 2400Amp controller yet?

Redsea Rider said:
"....me busy from morning till night"

I as well there two new software packages and a debugger so I'm excited for the near far future.

Hi, I also have not heard back from you about my order . Any news on shipment or a refund?

Some results below from Redsea Rider's profile links. Note they haven't visited ES since Jun 17 2022 12:25pm

https://twitter.com/fardriver
Caution: This account is temporarily restricted
You’re seeing this warning because there has been some unusual activity from this account. Do you still want to view it?
then it has what looks like an ad for a boxing event, and no other content.

https://www.facebook.com/far.driver
This content isn't available right now
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.

https://www.fardriver.io/
This site can’t be reachedwww.fardriver.io took too long to respond.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I was conversing with this Fardriver rep on Facebook for the last month.. and change..... but about two weeks ago he just dropped off the radar and the profile is no longer there. I certainly had a thousand dolla to spend. Then the convo just dissolved . I cannot message anymore.

Site, twitter, and facebook for this guy is still all gone, over three weeks after I checked above.

Am guessing at this point anybody that paid for stuff they didn't get yet probably isn't going to.

Why, who knows? Probably we'll never find out. :(

amberwolf said:
Site, twitter, and facebook for this guy is still all gone, over three weeks after I checked above.

Am guessing at this point anybody that paid for stuff they didn't get yet probably isn't going to.

Why, who knows? Probably we'll never find out. :(

I bought the 2400Amp fardriver controller and paid but didn't receive it.

I later got an email saying it would be an extra $700usd for shipping. I asked for clarification on this, and got no response.

I look forward to them delivering the controller.

liveforphysics said:
I bought the 2400Amp fardriver controller and paid but didn't receive it.

I later got an email saying it would be an extra $700usd for shipping. I asked for clarification on this, and got no response.

At that price for shipping, it probably ought to be by same-day hand-delivery from the company owner, provided to you in a gold-plated osmium box?

Sounds a lot like a scam to me. :/ Hopefully not, but...seen this kinda thing before.

liveforphysics said:

So did you ever get it?

Why does this seller list two different emails int this thread? Is this guy ripping us off, or not? Who are we talking to here...? Who is Red Sea Rider, and is that a reputable seller?

inquiring minds want to know. I have seen some ridiculous stuff over on Facebook about the FarDriver representative's .. er.. uhm... etiquette. Totally uncalled for.

I woulda bought four of these by now if I could talk with a reliable contact.

Redsea Rider said:
Jamie D'Amato
Technical Lead
Far Driver USA EU
support@fardriver.io

Massawa Lawson
Sales Director
Nanjing Far Drive
USA EU WORLDWIDE
sales@fardriver.io

This is the kind of ridicoulus word salad we have been seeing with a negative connotation i the Facebook electric motorcycle groups. Some really nasty stuff.. and I say that as a convicted felon.

Lol.
WTF is this word salad?

Redsea Rider said:
hat not only is a ratchet strap an ingenious weight saving device it also has to be the best multi purpose item for sale at HF - duck tape notwithstanding - and should never be lent out even to your closest bestest buddy because when asked for its return you'll always face the response describing its current responsibility of keeping over half of their world from falling apart and destroying property and possibly killing dead anyone in a 300 meter radius.
You must be careful to always keep the ratchet strap disguised as "in use" while in your possession to avoid having to turn down pleas to use it "just for an hour or two" which quickly becomes a weekend which morphs into after the wedding then their fathers passing and how they're using it to do something or other to save a bundle on the funeral and the final response which will stop you from ever bringing up the subject of its return ever again will inevitably involve the son removing it from its duties temporarily against their stern protests and applying it to some dislocated car assembly just to get it home. Good luck keeping it in constant service. You've been advised.

Back