18650 Battery Build for Rad Power Radrunner 2

pantheredeye

1 µW
A friend just posted his battery build... he upgraded a RadPower from a 48V 14amp -> 52V 25amp.

He outlines the theory of chaining batteries, gets into using a battery welder, then adds the BMS, connections and heat shrinks it up.

He said it should give the bike about twice the range, and with the extra voltage he thinks around 10% extra top end.

A friend just posted his battery build... he upgraded a RadPower from a 48V 14amp -> 52V 25amp.

He outlines the theory of chaining batteries, gets into using a battery welder, then adds the BMS, connections and heat shrinks it up.

He said it should give the bike about twice the range, and with the extra voltage he thinks around 10% extra top end.

Is it ok to cut bms wires to lenght?different resistance for each

👋 Hey @peadar - I asked him your question and this was his response:

I should have taken electrical engineering in school, so I would know this answer off the top of my head. But my instinct says that the differences in wire length is so negligible, and the voltage so high, that I don't think it would matter. You'll see some charts where the resistance is measured in ohms per 1,000 feet so a difference of 6 inches isn't even going to be measurable!

Back