1957 Lambretta LD 150 EV conversion

The base plate fits the space snug.
It's nice that i can wire up everything and then bolt the motherboard in place.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Since the side cowl of the scooter doesn't have a lock. I had to make a lock for the battery.
I guess if someone really wanted the battery, they could lift the whole scooter onto a truck.

battery lock.jpg

That looks great!!

Are you planning on only charging the battery on-board, or is it quick enough to remove to charge separately?

Really love this project.

Looks great! Seems you could fit a lot more battery in that space. Really cool.

cheers
Tyler

MrWorks said:
That looks great!!

Are you planning on only charging the battery on-board, or is it quick enough to remove to charge separately?

Really love this project.

It's quick to remove to charge separately but i most likely will charge it on board.

tylerwatts said:
Looks great! Seems you could fit a lot more battery in that space. Really cool.

cheers
Tyler

Yeah, i could get a battery wider and taller. Easily another 50% more battery. My wallet won't let me though.

I decided to mount the meter and key switch under the seat. I didn't want any of the EV components to show. The handle bar is pretty bare.

keyswitch.jpg

It's ALIVE!!!!

The throttle response is very sensitive and scary. There's so much torque, I almost ran into the gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDeRh6qsqzw

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.25.15 PM.png

Road test.

The performance is amazing. The torque is about triple of the gas engine.
Even though this conversion is designed to be able to reverse back to gas engine, i don't think i'll be doing that anytime soon.

https://youtu.be/1k2x2jRsbhM

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.24.02 PM.png

Awesome progress, and I love the hidden switch and gauge, keeps the authentic look very well!

cheers
Tyler

Working on 12V today.
12v_1.jpg
12v_3.jpg

Went a little crazy with this wiring harness tape. Seems pretty nice.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017OECD7W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
12v_2.jpg

12v_4.jpg

tylerwatts said:
Awesome progress, and I love the hidden switch and gauge, keeps the authentic look very well!

cheers
Tyler

I tried to install a charge port in the old fuel petcock 10mm hole but couldn't find anything that fits. I ended up putting the lever back on. The old choke lever became my headlight switch. Pretty happy with it.
light_switch copy.jpg

kingkongshrimp said:
Keeping track of stuff.

Absolutely love and relate to the practicality of this...

Also, the suitcase amp/speaker in the back of that pic is completely my jam. (pun accepted)

MrWorks said:
kingkongshrimp said:
Keeping track of stuff.

Absolutely love and relate to the practicality of this...

Also, the suitcase amp/speaker in the back of that pic is completely my jam. (pun accepted)

Thanks for noticing the boomcase. I like hi-fi stuff inside lo-fi environments. It has bluetooth and a USB charging station. People trip out on it at the beach.

boomcase.jpg

Hallo
I have also made an EV-conversion of en Lambretta 150 LD -56. Removed cylinder, tank, flywheel and a lot of more parts. Then added an 5 kW/48V bruschless chinamotor in the place of the flywheel.

Attachments

• IMG_20190515_140144.jpg
    IMG_20190515_140144.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 681
  • IMG_20190515_140222.jpg
    IMG_20190515_140222.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 680
  • IMG_20190515_140403.jpg
    IMG_20190515_140403.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 680
herberteker said:
Hallo
I have also made an EV-conversion of en Lambretta 150 LD -56. Removed cylinder, tank, flywheel and a lot of more parts. Then added an 5 kW/48V bruschless chinamotor in the place of the flywheel.

Wow!!!! So nice to see another LD conversion. Do you have a build thread? Any more pics?
I'm very interested in how you adapted the motor in place of the flywheel.

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, no build thread. I hade a workshop to lathe an adapter for the electric motor to the crankshaft. The motor is attached to an aluminiumplate wich is attached by screws from inside the crankcase. The frame was modified by removing a part of the tube, and adding some reinforcements.

I have som pictures from the build.

The scooter has not been baptized yet, what name is best?
Elbretta?
Lamperetta?
Teslambretta?
IMAG1715.jpgIMAG1735.jpgIMAG1736.jpgIMG_20160116_164829.jpgIMG_20160107_183548.jpg

herberteker said:
Sorry, no build thread. I hade a workshop to lathe an adapter for the electric motor to the crankshaft. The motor is attached to an aluminiumplate wich is attached by screws from inside the crankcase. The frame was modified by removing a part of the tube, and adding some reinforcements.

I have som pictures from the build.

The scooter has not been baptized yet, what name is best?
Elbretta?
Lamperetta?
Teslambretta?
View attachment 2View attachment 1View attachment 4View attachment 3

Great! Looks like rigid chassis, did you consider fitting a larger tyre for some cushion? Or you have great roads in your area...

Lampretta?

cheers
Tyler

Back