1957 Lambretta LD 150 EV conversion

Voltspa said:
kingkongshrimp, can you tell us about that headlight? I like it!

Also, did you end up using two shocks after all? I see some later pics where you have the left one off, maybe just for doing the wiring?

I did found a pair of shock that fits perfectly and has the right load 400 lb each. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H69MM92?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The headlight is basically two screens in front of the bulb. One is a privacy window cling and the other is yellow/green tint.
The halo is the day time running light. Not super bright but has a futuristic affect. The cree light is my night time running light. It's not super bright and probably not safe but it looks cool. I'm planning to add some fog lights somewhere eventually but i don't ride at night, so it's not a big priority right now. If neither lights are on, you can't see anything behind the tint. It has a weird and interesting affect to the overall scooter.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R4T9W4P?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WRDTJDJ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Lens_1.jpg
Lens_2.jpg
Lens_3.jpg

herberteker said:
Sorry, no build thread. I hade a workshop to lathe an adapter for the electric motor to the crankshaft. The motor is attached to an aluminiumplate wich is attached by screws from inside the crankcase. The frame was modified by removing a part of the tube, and adding some reinforcements.

I have som pictures from the build.

The scooter has not been baptized yet, what name is best?
Elbretta?
Lamperetta?
Teslambretta?
IMAG1715.jpgIMAG1735.jpgIMAG1736.jpgIMG_20160116_164829.jpgIMG_20160107_183548.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics. Such a clean build!

I like Lampretta. I think it might be cool to make a badge for your scooter using the original font.

Lambretta_logo_eq.jpg

Hallo

Yes using the original font is nice. My idea for spelling includes one more "e". The unit for electric current, Ampere, should take place in the name.

LAMPERETTA

herberteker said:
Hallo

Yes using the original font is nice. My idea for spelling includes one more "e". The unit for electric current, Ampere, should take place in the name.

LAMPERETTA

I think that works too. Although in the US, we usually spell it without the extra "E".

Lambretta_logo_eq2.jpgAmperemeter_hg.jpg

kingkongshrimp said:
I think that works too. Although in the US, we usually spell it without the extra "E".

Without an extra "E" it would be "Amper"...
Amp. is an abbreviation of Ampère. Not an US spelling version :lol:

This build is really impressive! I love it. And you make it look so easy.

Did you use the Android or PC version of the Kelly programming app?

mannydantyla said:
This build is really impressive! I love it. And you make it look so easy.

Did you use the Android or PC version of the Kelly programming app?

It looks easy but it's not. The swing arm was easier than i thought. Since i thought it was hard, i wasted a lot of time measuring things over and over. I was nervous at every cut and every weld.

I was so mad at the wiring diagram, i almost throw up a couple of times. I was lucky to have a very patient friend walked me thru the wiring. I can't believe i didn't piss him off.

I'm pretty happy with the result.

I used an Android for the kelly programming app. I connect using the bluetooth dongle from the company. It never connect on the first try. Always at least 3-4 tries.

Good luck.

Back