1979 Yamaha XS750 conversion.

Awesome project! Looking forward to see the result!

I'm building a similar 96v system but with a 8kw QS hub. I'm curious as to where you have found that ANT BMS?

Also i can recommend that Domino throttle. Its great!

TorgueRPM said:
Ok haha you did your homework, nevermind. That motor is going to be a hoot.

I hope it is. Thanks for your feedback, in your position I would be concerned as well. I appreciate feedback as to potential pitfalls I may be walking into in regards to safety. I am pretty new to designing things to be made out of metal, and this will be my first custom motorcycle project.

boogiemate said:

I'm building a similar 96v system but with a 8kw QS hub. I'm curious as to where you have found that ANT BMS?

Thanks! I got the BMS on aliexpress. I can link to the seller later if you want.
The Domino looks great, but it is pretty pricey. I went with a spring loaded box with a hall sensor that connects to the stock throttle cable, but if I feel like it isn't good enough, I think that is the throttle I am going to go with.

The swingarm end adapters are beautiful, however, you really don't want thru-hole type torque arms unless you don't use regen braking. The back and forth forces of thousands of pounds at the radius of the flats will inevitably loosen the axle/factory torque arm fit, which has play from the beginning and the axle will rock back and forth, which can result in axle failure.

Your swingarm ends are perfect for making nice wide clamping type torque arm/ dropouts for the motor. The best design will have clamping bolts both in front and in back of the axle to allow a fit that makes it easy to remove and ensure even clamping force over the entire axle flat. Don't worry about special steel for that because:
1. You want the torque arm to give before the axle...much less costly and easier to replace.
2. With that large width for clamping mild steel won't give over time anyway as long as you clamp to a nice tight fit.

biothundernxt said:
boogiemate said:

Thanks! I got the BMS on aliexpress. I can link to the seller later if you want.
The Domino looks great, but it is pretty pricey. I went with a spring loaded box with a hall sensor that connects to the stock throttle cable, but if I feel like it isn't good enough, I think that is the throttle I am going to go with.

Please do, that would be great :)

boogiemate said:
biothundernxt said:
boogiemate said:

Please do, that would be great :)

This is the one I ordered.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32826469363.html
(note that you have to order the board and the screen if you want it separately)

Sorry for taking a while to respond. Lately I have been really busy.

I can't comment on it's ability to actually do 300A, since I have not tested that yet, but I will report back on it when I do.

Back