2017 Honda CRF250R to Electric

chrisflysit said:
Here are the drawings and dxf file for the motor brackets. They will still need some work once cut out. Taping (two holes) and drilling mostly. The left bracket need a bit of material removed (2mm) at the lower frame mount to get them motor square on a 2017. We had to add 1/4 spacer here on the 2006. I used scrap tubing between the mounts at the swingarm and a smaller tube at the front. We have them on a 2006 and 2017.

Thanks for the files!!, what thickness of material is it?

The motor sprocket looks very far away from the pivot point of the swing arms axle if honest.The Sprocket should be right in the chain guide and lower also.The chain must be going through a hell with it like this.Great design, just needs tweaking so the motor is further back and down :thumb:

The material is 1/4" 6061. The motor is as close to the swing arm as it can get without machining off the motor mounts. I'm running a 12 tooth 428 sprocket. It is small compared to the 13 or 14 tooth 520. Larger sprockets and chain sizes should work fine but they are untested.

The bike now has reverse. It is wired to the horn button on the map selector switch. The button is wired to "cruise" on the controller and the controller has a simple program setting for reverse when "cruise" is shorted to ground. The nice thing is that reverse is locked out while moving forward. (Up to) Full reverse power is available while holding the button down and twisting the throttle. It is very handy while doing technical trail riding.

We brought a second Honda Electric to life last week. This one is a 2006. The bikes have not changed much over the years. The bike worked great on its very first ride after only 15 minutes of testing a few days before. This one is Jon's and He is stoked! Currently running on my original battery, but we will be working to finish his pack next.

Attachments

• 20220528_210002.jpg
    20220528_210002.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 384
Back