"20kW" ebike on eBay

Punx0r

1 GW
Anyone care to offer a critique this product?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-km-ph-Electric-bike-20kw-maxspoke-super-fast-hub-motor-72v-10ah-or-60v-24ah-/331572698076?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d3345dbdc

The seller also mentions something which sounds like an 8kW crank drive.

For reference that's approximately $5000 Yankee Dollars :)

Ha Ha, love this comment from seller,

"I can take any bike out there on speed take off nothing can take me no joke , you got to hold on tight because of the G force no joke , only for pro riders."

They'd be fighting words on this forum for sure... :D

However I notice that it's the 007 model, so you never know.

Yep, on ES 100 Kmh is behind a lot of bikes. It is behind most of mine that are not even built with top speed as a priority. The add is blocked here, so I can't see it. Yet I bet it is also too heavy to compete in acceleration.

150A peak from the battery X 72V (even nominal V is in question after sag is suspect with 10ah) is only 10.8kw peak input, so it's only halfway to a 20kw ebike, and even 10.8kw is inappropriate without including the words "peak input". Quoting power based on phase amp limits demonstrates how little the seller understands.

While it's probably fun for a light rider, it would be a relative slug with me aboard even with it geared and volted for 100kph.

Cheap steel frame with carbon fibre sticker 80.00-800.00 battery -350.00hub controller cheap front fork-Great deal...ow ya bunjie cord for battery holder 99 cents.tires spokes rims 200.00,dont yell at me i just took a fast look :lol: .

Have I seen that frame somewhere before? Wasn't there a ready-made Chinese bike like that that we discussed about 9 months ago? Can anyone give a link if you know where it is because I'd like to have a look at it again.

Having said that, it looks better than most of the lash-ups that you find on Ebay UK. I like the motorcycle brakes on the chain-drive one. Personaly, I think that's a lot of money for an electric bicycle that only does 100km/h when for a lot less, you can get one of these that will reliably take you to 260 km/h.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=191598551672&alt=web

Back