3.3mpah to 2.4mpah

Amp-hours is not an energy measurement.

Watt-hours is an energy measurement.

I'm not sure what you are wanting to know, but using 16ah packs, the 18s3p pack will have a wh rating of 3196.8wh and the 12s4p pack will be 2841.6wh, so the 18s pack will provide more range at the same speed.

magna, you didn't seem to understand what LFP told you, and you are still mixing up your energy comparisons.

1AH on a 72V battery would be 72WH of energy, and likewise 1AH on a 48V battery would be 48WH of energy, assuming the battery voltages were constant during use, which we know they aren't.

So you averaged 3.3 Mp72WH vs 2.4 Mp48WH

or, going for a common denominator, you averaged 6.6 Mp144WH vs 7.2 Mp144WH

I.e. the 48 volt battery system is more efficient than the 72 volt battery system.

To get an accurate comparison you need a Watt meter that shows the actual WH used. As a side note, I always just check my AH used on my rides, but all my trikes use a 48 volt battery so comparing AH to AH is apples to apples. If some of my trikes used 36V or 72V, etc. then I would have to compare WH used to determine which was most efficient.

FFS !! :shock:
why cannot you guys use proper units so we can communicate in a common language ! ?
...consuming 3miles per amp to 2.4miles per amp
...2.4 Mp48WH
none of those are recognized units of anything !..in technical terms, its gibberish !
the OPs confusion is due to a basic lack of understanding of energy units,
..and Rassy, ..you know better than to throw in units like that ! :roll:

Magna,

Measure and use wh per unit of distance, so you have a useful common unit for comparisons like you tried to make in your initial post. Using ah as a measure of consumption is a carryover from the days of having only 12V battery banks.

Right Hill, my only thought in the previous post was to explain to the op why he was wrong about which system was most efficient using his terminology and information. I believe my example was clear, but I should have gone the next step and noted that one should just collect the WH used from their Watt Meter and the distance traveled from their Odometer, then divide the WH used by the Miles traveled to get the WH per Mile, which is the standard way to express efficiency.

In his case this would give almost 22 WH per Mile vs 20 WH per Mile for his 72V system vs his 48V system.

Back