30% "Buy it Now" Discount on Ebay (lifepo4 / tool battery)

Tom

1 kW
Don't know if this has been mentioned in this forum yet but just a FYI for anyone considering one of the ebay lifepo4 batteries or looking to buy some tool packs. You can use live.com to save 10-35% on ebay buy it now purchases.

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=cheap+battery (ebay link may be less prominent and appear to the right of the page)

The discount has varied between 8-35% (anything higher than 8% has been rare as of late but it's currently 30% as of 10/1/2008). Max $200 savings per purchase, up to 6 purchases (edit: now up to 12 purchases). Simple instructions click here. More specifics in this thread at fatwallet.com.

Also, if you buy more than 1 quantity in a "Buy it Now" (with more than 1 available) it will count as 1 transaction. For example, if the cash back is at 30% and you are looking to buy several Dewalt A123 packs you should buy more than 1 in the same auction (up to $667 total) to get the max $200 cash back per transaction instead of buying them in separate transactions (since the cash back is limited to 6 transactions per ebay account).

OK, have to bump this. 30% off right now!!! Hurry, will NOT last long! Just got several bosch 36v batteries with the 30% off. If you are buying tool batteries look for a seller offering multiple quantity of the same item with a buy it now since you are limited to a maximum of 12 cash back transactions (lifetime per ebay account) up to $200 cash back per transaction. Was tempted to get one of the duct tape batteries but don't really trust any of the sellers. Too bad ping does not offer buy it now. I'm off to find some bosch chargers now...

Discount does not apply to shipping so you would get $144 cash back on that auction (net cost of $62 per battery). You can get the V18 cheaper but I suspect they are less desirable unless one is harvesting cells.

Also, to clarify, it is not a straight discount. You get the $144 back in ~60 days.

Tom said:
Discount does not apply to shipping so you would get $144 cash back on that auction (net cost of $62 per battery). You can get the V18 cheaper but I suspect they are less desirable unless one is harvesting cells.

Sheesh... wish I had the money right now. I paid $480 for my Milwaukee 6-pack back when Toolup.com had them for $80 a piece shipped - now they are $100+ each. This is a serious deal. The v28s have 2 more emoli cells than the v18s. $62/pack is unreal. :shock: Dammit I wish I wasn't broke right now!! :lol:

pwbset said:
Dammit I wish I wasn't broke right now!! :lol:

You and me both. I've been scouting for cells for a short-range pack for the PackCycle. But, alas, funds are low, and I'm going to have to pass this deal up. :(

Those Milwaukee's didn't sell. The auction ended without a buyer. Hopefully they will be relisted and someone will be able to snag them.

As far as who pays. I'm sure the bulk of it comes out of Microsoft's live.com marketing budget (with paypal and ebay contributing a small share for the referral). Microsoft appears to be gettting into the referral kickback market (currently dominated by sites like ebates.com, fatwallet.com, etc.) and this is a way for them to promote live.com and build market share. I took advantage of this about 3 months ago when it first came out and have gotten over $500 back to date. You do have to be careful not to abuse it though. For example, I bought a cash equivalent from someone not knowing it was against paypal rules. Ended up getting my payapl account locked for a couple months (which automatically results in an ebay suspension as well). Was a major headache to undo but fortunately got it all straightened out and my other cash back came thru.

I think it was 3 hours left. :wink: There was just a few minutes left when I looked last night and I was tempted to snag them for someone. I'm sure if someone really wanted them they could contact the seller and ask them to put them back up.

OK boys and girls, the cash back is up to 30% again if you missed it the last time!!!

I tried to use this last week but have yet to get my email from live.search.

meh

I'd probably get one of these chargers for your V28 batteries. About the same price as 3 individual chargers but you won't be fighting for outlets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Milwaukee-48-59-0280-Multi-Bay-Charger-Li-Ion-NiCad_W0QQitemZ310088133196QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310088133196

Fishmasterdan said:
What are you using for chargers? I would like to make life easy and run 56v.

I use 3 of the single ones... $33 each with free shipping from Amazon (they were $26ea a few months ago). These single chargers have gang plugs so you only need one outlet anyway and plug them into each other... each V28 charges in 45min or so so you could get away with only 2 chargers for a 3hr/2swapout recharge time if you're looking to save money. If money isn't a problem get two of those 3slot chargers and be back on the road in 45min!

V28 Charger

Sure, I got greedy and bought $1000 from someone on ebay for $1100 about 4-5 months ago. At the time the cash back limit was $250, so made $150 after cash back. Unfortunately, it set off some red flags at paypal and my paypal account got locked up. When your paypal account gets locked it also automatically results in an ebay suspension. It took two months and a lot of emails / phone calls to straighten it out, including having to send them a notarized affidavit that I understood the rules, would comply with them, and was not laundering money, lol. So don't buy cash on ebay - only buy legit stuff. :D

I am unable to get the ebay link on live.com. Do you think that the discount is gone?

What browser are you using? I'm noticing that sometimes it won't show up for me unless I reload the page a bunch... or use Internet Explorer where it seems to show up every time. Of course. :wink:

Back