420A 24S ESC by aliens

Dangerous with smile, mean no dangerous. Was just for say. Anyway thanks for the timing suggestion but wasen't that. Was just the stupid tempetature sensor.

If you can test the controller then i will send you one. I would like to know how many Amp it can handle in an E bike system so i can write more right info.

I know about Astro motor and Castle controller that work good in Mid drive style EBike So i would like to build something like that.

Thanks

brunotollot said:
If you can test the controller then i will send you one. I would like to know how many Amp it can handle in an E bike system so i can write more right info.

Excellent! This is what we love here at ES, vendors that want to understand the products they are selling.

I will happily test your controller on a dyno starting out at a reasonable battery current level that you can decide, say 50amps perhaps for 2 minutes (which I think it can likely survive). Then we could step it up to 50amps for 5minutes if you like, or we could go to 75amps for 2minutes, or 100amps for 2 minutes, etc etc.

We can try to creep up on it and get as much data on video as possible with what it can do, before we find what it can't do, and it explodes. I must worn you though, in my experience putting many dozens of motors and controllers on the dyno, no RC type controller, no matter how big or what numbers are written on it has ever been able to survive 100amps continous for 5minutes under even the very best of circumstances before it blasts into bits of char and smoke. Hopefully yours does the best of any RC controller and shows us a new benchmark in RC controller power levels, that would be great. Don't be disappointed if it's not even 1/4 of the 420amp claim you're making though.

this test is the finest outcome we could hope for,
and i agree that it would not be unusual or disappointing in a way for it to only take 100a for 5 mins, just like most rc motors when dynoed for long durations can only do about a third or a quater of their hk ratings, and i hate to say it but most hub motors can not even take 50a continuous, and under 1kw output.

i dont know of any rc motor (collosus :?: ) that could take the 100a solid for 5 mins without cooling anyway. i think a fair part of the discrepancy we are debating is massively optimistic rc burst ratings vs real continuous for ev use, so do it bruno, im sure luke will give it a fair and balanced test (with a gentle startup :) ) and even 100a continuous would be impressive, then when selling it for rc use just times this by whatever like they all do :!:

Of course i will. Then i can also give more suggestion to the customers that anyway are happy. And i'm happy too that every controller work " fine "
I need the address and the phone number for the delivery. When i will come back from Italy i will post to ( Luke ) Right?

Thanks.

Wow, glad that luke is getting his hands on one.

I'm curious to see what it can handle continuously in real life before you blow it up.
I will be expecting video ;]

neptronix said:
Wow, glad that luke is getting his hands on one.

I'm curious to see what it can handle continuously in real life before you blow it up.
I will be expecting video ;]

I will setup 4 HD go-pro's filming it from various angles on the dyno while testing, and be filming with a handheld HD video camera. I will try to get as much test data as possible before it blows up.

Bruno- I will PM you my shipping info. Also, you are welcome to decide the test profile you want to me to use. like, x amps for y minutes, followed by x+25amps for y minutes, followed by x+50amps for y minutes, or whatever you want to see tested, etc etc.

This is what I like to see.. can't wait for the video.

Props to the vendor. I rarely expect to see it work out like this.

Good. Friendly and polite message. I like.

I ll wait the PM.

Also i would like some suggestion about what motor i can use for my E bike.

I have different choice.

I need to open a new discussion??

Regads. Bruno

Hi.
I'm back from Italy. The ESC will be ready for be dispached tomorrow.

Luke can you send me your telephone number on PM please?

I need for FEDEX.

Here the pictures..

Here the pictures

Attachments

• 20121126_132721 (640x480).jpg
    20121126_132721 (640x480).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 2,684
  • 20121126_151845 (640x480).jpg
    20121126_151845 (640x480).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 2,684
That's a lot larger than i thought it was.

Hi. yes, it is. Just the right quantity. An excess can only degrade conductivity. Help the mosfet thermal dissipation on the heat sink. Anyway i think all controllers have. Thanks

Niceee! I'm very curious about this ESC.

Luke, do you have data of a Castle Creations 160HV controller or a similar controller, so we can compare them?

Byte said:
Niceee! I'm very curious about this ESC.

Luke, do you have data of a Castle Creations 160HV controller or a similar controller, so we can compare them?
I've seen lukes pile of blown RC esc's and atempts at modding them... :) Dont worry he has data ;)

Hi guys, sorry for the late. I'm dad now.... :D Less time for my things :shock:

brunotollot said:
Hi guys, sorry for the late. I'm dad now.... :D Less time for my things :shock:

Congratulations! I look forward to testing. :)

Look forward to the results, i am in the market for a controller to run a rewound
Turnigy CA120 and my 80-100 turnigy...

Congrats on the baby too mate ;)

KiM

Thank you very much guys. A little boy... :)

About the ESC i have test it with this motor:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271113162525?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Just plug & play. I would like to do a proper test. The sensored ESC and the motor. If the firs test will be positive may i can send the sensored to Luke for one more test, if he don't mind.

Regards

Back