48v 1000w motor running on lyen 12fet controller

okmate

10 W
Hi guys i have seen a hub motor on ebay very close to where i live it states its 48v 1000w and wondered if i could run it with my lyen programable controller

here's a picture for reference
thanks guys

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!oMFC3OZgs2LBR!B1UY+z!~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!oMFC3OZgs2LBR!B1UY+z!~~60_12.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 887
okmate said:
Hi guys i have seen a hub motor on ebay very close to where i live it states its 48v 1000w and wondered if i could run it with my lyen programable controller

here's a picture for reference
thanks guys
Absolutely. Just take it easy on the amps, the wiring is thin.

okmate said:
thanks mate what would be a safe value for the amps ?
you can go pretty high as long as you dont throttle too hard, tons and tons of people run 72V 40A pretty reliably. I'm running a similar thing but with 200C 12/10g power wires at 100V 60A.

Alloy forks no visible torque arms? Holy crap Batman....

Ykick said:
Alloy forks no visible torque arms? Holy crap Batman....
shoot i didnt take that in, for 1kw+ front wheel you want no suspension and dual torque arms. rear wheel is always best.

Thanks for all your help guys its the wheel only i'm after ' i will be running it at 3x 12v 12ah lead acid batterys what sort of speed would this generate ?

okmate said:
Thanks for all your help guys its the wheel only i'm after ' i will be running it at 3x 12v 12ah lead acid batterys what sort of speed would this generate ?
relatively slow. i think the top speed for 48V is 48km/h on that type of motor in 26er, so 36kph. but it varies on the motor winding and battery sag.

Back