52v battery on a 48v/60v/72v controller?

S0up13

1 µW
Hello, I am running a 48v/17.5ah lithium battery on a controller that is rated for 30a. I am considering a 52v battery for my next purchase, as it is almost the same price and gives you more for your money. My controller states that it is for 48v/60v/72v. Would a 52v battery be compatible? The low-voltage cut off on the controller might read a 52v battery as an empty 60v and cut the power?

Thanks for your help.

Need more info about your controller do you have a link where did you get it.
I think the controller only knows one lvc and that's for 48 volt. Or about 40volts or so is my guess. But need more info from you and would like to hear more from others

Hello, I am running a 48v/17.5ah lithium battery on a controller that is rated for 30a. I am considering a 52v battery for my next purchase, as it is almost the same price and gives you more for your money.

Just be sure the new battery is at least as capable and quality as the old one (batteries unfortunately are the most commonly "scammed" part out there, for ebike stuff--scammed meaning not really built as they were marketed/advertised, and/or just plain not built right, etc. )

My controller states that it is for 48v/60v/72v. Would a 52v battery be compatible? The low-voltage cut off on the controller might read a 52v battery as an empty 60v and cut the power?
That's a possibility. Some controllers that do multiple voltages (especially higher voltage units) don't use autodetection of LVC, but instead just use the lowest LVC all the time (so don't actually have one for the higher voltages). Or they use a jumper you solder on inside on the controller PCB. (resistor, wire, etc). I think the Greentime controller and some other threads have pics that show various versions of controllers with these jumper pads.

Does the controller have a display? Some of those allow you to manually set the voltage.

Back