60MPH 11kW Qulbix Raptor

ecruz said:
I was curious what gauge spokes are you using in the back wheel?

Those are the stock spokes that came with the motor when I purchased it from zombies.

Mammalian04 said:
Lol... Nice. I like the graphic! :)

Thanks mang.

Offroader said:
You're back to using the motorcycle seat?

Yea I put back the moto seat when I let my friends ride it. Lower center of gravity is a noobies best friend with the Emonster under full power.

snellemin said:
ecruz said:
I was curious what gauge spokes are you using in the back wheel?

Those are the stock spokes that came with the motor when I purchased it from zombies.

They look like standard 14guage al in the front wheel is that correct?

So I went back to the 203mm rotors. I'll be changing the front caliper to Marta FR one of these days, which is slightly bigger and uses the same brake pads. I used my poor man machining skills and trimmed up the rear brake caliper by a few millimeters. It fits nicely after some filing and sanding. Now I can clear the rotor with the 5 speed freewheel installed.

Thanks Marcn. I'm going to rearrange the battery placement and actually use the foam that came with the frame.

Snellemin you are the shit. (I'm old but now days I think that means you are the man)

PS you keep pimpin your ride and I'll be to embarrassed to ride with you in critical mass with my getto build.

I'm up there too with the age. Your bike is not ghetto man. At least you can pop a wheelie and outrun my bike at will.

Finally got around to installing one of my fav bike lights. Runs off 2s4p samsungs 18650's.

Coming out nice! I wanted to ask you why did you choose to go with a battery pack for the lights vs using the bikes battery with a step down transformer. They are super small cheap on eBay and eliminates the light battery pack. Have you considered that?

Thanks Ecruz.

I've thought about the dc-dc converters and have burned up some already. I like to change my lights around my other bikes, so nothing is permanent. Some of my LED's are direct drive and the little DC-DC converters can't deal with the higher current. I drive a pair of xml's straight from 2s 18650's. My brightest flood light is a dual MT-G2 setup and that will require a bigger converter just to run it. I could probably make it work within the space right about the 18s3p 5ah pack, if I went to a permanent light setup.

snellemin said:
Finally got around to installing one of my fav bike lights. Runs off 2s4p samsungs 18650's.

Snellemin, what type of light is that?

BTW, my frames should be shipping soon!!! I'll bring one down to Houston to show you when I get it built!

Would be cool to see your new bike and be a nice comparison between the old and new.

Those lights are the magicshine clones. Same light output for a lot less. MJ-872 is the magicshine model name. They are getting hard to find now. Ebay has the clones for 21 dollars now, just for the head. Uses the XP-G led's and works well on black top.

Old vid of the light. Start watching from 25 seconds on, where I go to the higher settings.

[youtube]jyu3TnanodY[/youtube]

Reprogrammed the controller to 200A phase and 91A battery current. Tweaked the throttle setting in the CA and now have a nice smooth powerful setup that rides very nice on the streets. CA recorded a peak of 99.7A @ 69.4V.

That mount is for camera use actually. But I got tired of butt shots, so use it for lights instead.

Check on ebay--> Flashpoint Camera Bike Bracket Mount for 31.8mm HandleBars #BM318

I rearrange the battery setup and cleaned up the wiring. I'm happy with the headlight, so I'll make that to a permanent setup and soon wire it up the main battery pack.
I did get to fit a 42T chain ring with space to spare. I had to add a spacer to the chain guide and remove the chain ring guard.

Powerlab 8 hard at work

Hey Snell,

You know of anyone in Texas that might make use of a spot welder? I am thinking about buying one but it might not be worth the hassle for just my batteries alone. If I could help others with theirs, it might be worth the hassle though.

I was thinking about purchasing one as well, to do 26650 and 18650 cells. There might be a few that would want to use one here in Houston.

snellemin said:
I was thinking about purchasing one as well, to do 26650 and 18650 cells. There might be a few that would want to use one here in Houston.

Ok, I am having my cousin help me with Tao Bao (he reads Chinese).

Back