9CJ210061615023 9C FH motor

medusa569

100 W
I bought this motor from a now defunct company and the 9c company doesn't seem to have any drawing or specs on this. Might anyone have the specs and diagrams o this motor? I want to change out the axle and bearings and need sizes or parts numbers. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Ebikes.ca has had drawings of some motors on their site over the years, and they used to sell the old 9C DD hubs, so you could ask them if they still have those. (doubt they're still up there nowadays on the current site).

Pics might help us help you figure things out; the numbers don't tell us much, unfortunately.

Bearings should be easy enough--you measure the OD and ID and width of the existing ones, and if there is a number (like 6805Z or whatever) on the bearing (etched into the metal, or molded into the plastic seal, etc) note that down, then talk to Grainger or McMaster-Carr and give them all that info and your intended usage / environment, and they'll get you matching ones.

To change the axle out you'll need to machine a new one, or measure everything on it and send that to a machine shop to have them do it.

If it's like the various 9Cs I've had, the axle is thoroughly welded into a stamped-steel stator support; if so it's quite likely you'd have to replace the whole stator support, too, or have the new axle machined to replace the parts of it you'd have to cut out in removing the old axle. :(

If it's just press-fit and keyed in, it's much easier, and you just need a hydraulic press to get the old one out and new one in.

Well here are some pictures but now my problem has changed to finding the 2 plates that make each side of the motor. I cracked totally broke the one side trying to take a bearing off. The bearing stuck as sure as glue as I'll9C motor axle_bearing.jpglstill have to deal with that eventually but now I need to find parts from a company that apparently does not make parts easily available nor can I contacted them directly. Ebikes ca has a used pair that look tore up around the bearing so I am hesitant to buy those. Anyone else sell parts? BTW I decided to switch out single 14awg wires with 2 sets each connector of 14 gauge ( I could pull them through with some effort) and I'll see how that works if I can every get this repaired.

Last edited:
Since that axle is thoroughly welded in, replacing it is probably going to be quite a project.

With broken covers as well, it's likely to be cheaper (at least in time, and quite possibly in money because of the cost of machining whatever new axle you want, plus the parts necessary to connect it to the stator support (or entirely new stator support plates) to just buy a new motor that does what you want. There are kits around $200-$250 or so including shipping, with the equivalent or better motor from Voilamart that also have the controller, etc too, so you get spare parts for all those things as well, for later. ;) One example

Other than the parts Ebikes.ca might have, I don't know a place to get covers, other than posting in the Items Wanted section of the forum and hoping someone with an old 9C they aren't using anymore would send you the parts you need.

Yea I was hoping that a defunct motor owner might be interested in parting his out. Or better yet ( here's a novel concept) that any of the vendors that sell the 9C kits actually sell all parts as well since they get shipments from the manufacturers. Frankly I am surprised that ebikes .CA does really do that considering they are rated among the cream of the crop in their business dealings. Buying kits is an easy thing but DIY servicing seems to be more problematic and frankly it stinks. Now i have 2 motors that I can't use all for lack of some lessor parts. I mean especially axles...they do get torn up with some frequency but try and get replacements and you're out of luck. And welded in axles? I'd never read of such a thing. If a newbie had that occasional then that an immediate 200+ down the drain. Really a sad state of affairs for online business. I'll try the posting you suggested and see if I get lucky. Thanks Amberwolf.

Unfortunatley it's "simple" economics. :(

Almost no one fixes motors (or controllers, etc), so there isn't any profit in keeping parts around for them, considering that they might have to charge as much for a part as for a whole motor, including the shipping and whatnot, as few of them as they might sell over the years, to cover the costs of ordering and storing and handling them and paying taxes on them, etc. That cost would deter most of the very few that would want to buy one to fix something...only those that really love some specific motor or require that motor to fit a specific bike/etc would buy these parts.

. Ebikes.ca is the only place I know of that even *sometimes* happens to have any parts....and that ever deliberately ordered spare parts for certain motors.

Most of the motors I've seen are welded in. They're usually the cheap ones like these 9Cs and their clones.

Some motors press the axle in, or use a keyway and a circlip, or use an interference-fit, or some combination of these; so far the ones I've seen like this were all larger / heavier DD motors.

Geared hubs have the sun gear on the axle (machined as part of it on the ones I've had), so replacing those axles with something custom isn't usually possible unless you can make the gear too.

I'm sure there are other ways of doing the above I haven't seen or have only seen a couple of examples of...but generally motors are not made to be repairable any more than anything else is.

Last edited:
Yea I know about the economics but since the manufactuers are still pushing out product what's the big deal about mailing out some aprts. There's no loss to them and frankly I'd shy away from companies that don't offer parts ( if I have a choice) Those companies that sell their products should also oblige. Not everyone has that kind of disposal cash to buy new kits when every thing breaks. I use my bike in place of a wheel chair/scooter ( limited exteriro mobility) and being without it has been devastating for me.

The only manufacturer I know of that offers parts like axles is QSMotors. Bafang can sometimes be bothered to sell parts like gears and clutches for their motors...but not always. But in both cases, they modify their products over time to either fix problems or decrease manufacturing costs, which means parts they make now may not fit older products.

However, the shipping costs for these, coming from China, can be pretty high.

FWIW, those economics (of scale, particularly) are what can make the parts as expensive as the entire motor or kit, for the end-seller to keep around and sell. Since they don't know how many they will sell over the years, and there are so many different variations over time of all the many parts of all the many devices they sell, they'd need an entire warehouse just to store all the individual parts, and hire personnel just to run that.

I'd love it if there were a "checker auto" or "napa" of ebike parts, but I can't imagine it ever happening--there's just not enough demand for the parts for it to be economical. Few people fix their own cars, but there are so many many cars using the same parts that overall it's economical for some companies to do this. The same isn't true of ebikes, whether OEM-built or DIY.

Unless you can convince lawmakers to require it to happen, and they can force a company to do this at a loss without putting them out of business (or it's subsidized by the government), or it is entirely government-run (so you pay for it in your taxes), I don't see any company choosing to do this.

There aren't even any ebike-specific junkyards I'm aware of, unlike cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. If junkyards aren't profitable enough to have done, new spare parts warehouses almost certainly wouldn't be.

Maybe you could start a company that procures new or used or custom makes repair parts for people in your situation? Given the situation as it is now, you might be able to turn a profit doing that over a long enough time. ;)

(I have a lot of gripes about the various ways the world works that it shouldn't, and ideas on how it could be better setup...but all of them require that someone be able to make more money doing it the better way than the way they do it now, and that isn't how any of them would work).

Back