Actual max power of the TSDZ2B by Tongsheng.

stephane p

10 µW
Hi there i recently instaled a TSDZ2B with a 36 v, 10a/h battery. So doing i got a really light ebike (15kilos) for 400 euros (i used an old scott sub 20 with my mavic wheel , you can get that for 300 euros second and).

So, well on flat or low grade slopes it's fantastic, but above 7-8% my old obsolete Bosch active line (synapse cannondale 2019) is faster,
Indeed abouve this grade i get the same power in level 3,4,5 because the power cap, indeep assuming i output 300 watt (i m not Lance so i cannot sustain that for 3 hours, but i can keep that for a while) the motor cannot at all output 360% of that.

Torque measures that are given are not (from my point of view) of anyuse, since torque means something only if the RPM is giventhe p.

So i m wondering
a) Are all the TSDZ2B exactly the same, with only a different firmware and controller ?
b) Can a TSDZ2B with open software and 48V input compete with 1) Active line plus 2) Powerfull motor such as the CLX line for bosh, but also Yamaha sport version that are used on Giant MTB line and other MTB motor.
c) Is there a significant peek power difference between 48V and 36 V ?

Hi there, I built firstly a lightweight mullet bikeTSDZ2 (250w) with a 36v 10a/h battery, new old frame but made slacker on the front with a 27.5"f and 26"r combo. It is only about a kilo heavier than a current 2024 lightweight e-bike costing £4k+. Anyway I think you will find that the 36v and 48v motors are wound differently, but the power output in each case ie 36v or 48v is setup in the controller firmware. My other bikes have a TSDZ2 (350w) 36v 20a/h battery combo and a TSDZ2B (500w) 48v 20a/h battery combo. The TSDZ2 36v 20a/h version doe's have a noticeably kick when on full over the smaller 10a/h battery version due to wattage increase and more capacity in the the battery, and a step up again with the TSDZ2 48v 20a/h version which is more noticeable on hill climbs as you would expect due to wattage increase and similar capacity in the the battery.

Attachments

• IMG20220730111052.jpg
    IMG20220730111052.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 6
Thanks for your feedback. Btw which battery is used on the bike displayed on the picture ? I am a bit worried about the frame factor that i saw on the battery sold with the TSDZ2B motor, 37 cm x 10 x 9 and i m not sure it will fit on MTB with a curved upper tube, on your bike it fit easily.

The battery on the bike is described as an Original Small Water Bottle Dolphin E bike Battery in this case rated at 36V 10Ah which gives me approx 30 mile range from Aliexpress, I have used a few of these and have proved reliable so far. The battery is a tight fit so is charged in place as I would have to remove the frame end pivot and swing the shock up to fit / remove the battery, shock is reversed in the frame. This is what I had to do to fit the larger battery into a the 27.5" frame which is tighter in the frame triangle than the 26", both being medium frames. I fitted m5 thread inserts for mounting the battery and used velco tapes for added security, I do not ride this one violently, more just on river towpaths etc. Looking now at 3d printing a custom battery box for a "pre-packed" battery.

Attachments

• 1711321007857.png
    1711321007857.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230620_105640736.jpg
    IMG_20230620_105640736.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 4
Yeap small batteries (bottle one usually around 350 w/h) fit on any bike, but larger one (500w/h or more) do not fit on small medium frame especially on bike with slopy upper tube or rear suspension.

Your solution with the battery below the the diagonal tube is quite smart.

I m 1.79m (5 feet 10i in imperial) so i can use M or L, even if L is a probably better. So i will try to find a decent garage bike with is possible a road like diamon shape, so doing a battery should fit above the diagonal tube.

Anyway, i m wondering about your inserts, i search a bit about that a found that you need specific tools to add inserts, is it what you did?

Yes, I brought the tool and inserts. Once I built my first e-bike the rest of the family wanted one so have built about 10, half have been full suspension and the other half hard-tail, half mid-drive and the rest rear hub, so the tool was worth it for me.
1711366867989.png

Back