QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

Dear QSMOTOR Team, I write you here in a time of great frustration. But I am sure you can help with ease to get the needed support. I am currently working on a custom ESP32, round touch screen display for a series of vintage motorcycle in combination with a fardriver motor controller. Sadly I do not get any information on the serial port communication data protocol from any distributor on the Ali.. websites. It´s sooo time consuming to reverse engineer the data protocol. Can you contact your technical/software team to get the documentation. I would hate to change the motor controller in this late stage of prototyping. ANY help would be deeply appreciated!!! Attached a photo of a serial communication i tried to analyse so far. With only some values i could descipher. When gathering information in the online community I see that a lot of people are looking exactly for the same information. THANKS Andreas

Attachments

• LookingForSerialDataProtocol.png
    LookingForSerialDataProtocol.png
    848.3 KB · Views: 23
Dear QSMOTOR Team, I write you here in a time of great frustration. But I am sure you can help with ease to get the needed support. I am currently working on a custom ESP32, round touch screen display for a series of vintage motorcycle in combination with a fardriver motor controller. Sadly I do not get any information on the serial port communication data protocol from any distributor on the Ali.. websites. It´s sooo time consuming to reverse engineer the data protocol. Can you contact your technical/software team to get the documentation. I would hate to change the motor controller in this late stage of prototyping. ANY help would be deeply appreciated!!! Attached a photo of a serial communication i tried to analyse so far. With only some values i could descipher. When gathering information in the online community I see that a lot of people are looking exactly for the same information. THANKS Andreas
Hello,Andreas

Good day. Thank you for your info. For the FarDriver Controller, would you pls advise which model you ordered? Pls share me the product label on the FarDriver controller. And pls advise where you ordered this controller from? Is it integrated CAN BUS communication on your controller? With these info., I will have my engineer to check and see if we have the info. for you. And you also could contact me through Email: alan@siaecosys.com. Thank you.

Alan

Hi Alan,

thanks for your fast reply. Attached the photo of the controller label. I bought it from the SIAECOSYS Alibaba Store. The designation was

"QSMOTOR 180 8000W 72V 90H Encoder Mid Drive Motor Conversion Kit with Fardriver ND721200 Controller
Wattage:8000W,Voltage:72V"

Order number: 147746642501028188.

I didn´t order the CAN Bus function separatly as this option was not available in this Motor+Controller bundle.
The serial data collected I did by monitoring the COM port while using your PC Software.

I will write you an email as well with some additional questions.

Thanks you very much for your support
Regards
Andreas
20231008_132145207_iOS.jpg

Hi Alan,

thanks for your fast reply. Attached the photo of the controller label. I bought it from the SIAECOSYS Alibaba Store. The designation was

"QSMOTOR 180 8000W 72V 90H Encoder Mid Drive Motor Conversion Kit with Fardriver ND721200 Controller
Wattage:8000W,Voltage:72V"

Order number: 147746642501028188.

I didn´t order the CAN Bus function separatly as this option was not available in this Motor+Controller bundle.
The serial data collected I did by monitoring the COM port while using your PC Software.

I will write you an email as well with some additional questions.

Thanks you very much for your support
Regards
Andreas
View attachment 342305
Hello,Andreas

Thank you for your reply. After checked, it's from ordered from my workmate Davie.I have forwarded your email to him and he will help you on this matter.

Thank you.

Alan

@QSMOTOR -where can I find the phase to phase resistance/inductance for all the turn counts of the 3000W QS205 hub motor.
I want to do some simulation performance testing.
Thanks.

@QSMOTOR -where can I find the phase to phase resistance/inductance for all the turn counts of the 3000W QS205 hub motor.
I want to do some simulation performance testing.
Thanks.
Hello,Could you pls send the serial No. on your motor? I will check it and let you know.

I would also like to know the same for 8kw 273 v4 3turn
thanks
Hello,Could you pls provide me the serial No. on your motor? I will check it and let you know.

@QSMOTOR -Have not purchase motor as yet. Hoping to see which number of turns best meet my needs from simulation testings.
Also what are the turn count options for the 3000W-205 hub motor.
Thanks.

Hello,Andreas

Thank you for your reply. After checked, it's from ordered from my workmate Davie.I have forwarded your email to him and he will help you on this matter.

Thank you.

Conclusion:

Sadly QSMotor/Siaecosys is not allowed to release the serial communication protocol. The controller is really good, the power excels the promised Specs and is very robust. So if you are looking for a robust motor controller provided with standard functions and standard display this is the controller for you. If you want to have a deeper integtation and in need of a good and detailed documentation maybe (depending on your application) there are other option. (There is the posibility of CAN-bus during the odering process, but ask for the protocol first).
In my case I am prototyping a display series for motor cycles but you only get access to the serial protocol when you trigger a bulk order. In my case -> if the documentation would be holistic this controller would be a no-brainer. I think I will try one last time directly at the manufacturer.

Hello @QSMOTOR

do you know if there are any plans to make version of the QS180 that has a gear reduction? like the 183 V3 has.

Thanks
Hello,currently we don't have plan to add gear reduction on QS180 model. While for QS165 with gear reduction, the CNC sample is available.

Thanks for the response Alan,
I just received the QS180, and will make a gear reduction (hopefully!)
Sound great. Would you mind sharing me the photo of completed QS180 with a gear reduction?:)

I will do, not sure how long it'll take me to figure it all out and make it!
looking for compatible pulleys at the moment, do you know of any pulleys that would fit the QS180 6 splined shaft?

@QSMOTOR hey guys, I just checked two of your stores and couldn’t find it. Where do you guys sell your qs273’s?
Hello,if you have any new inquiry, it's also available to contact me directly through Email or WhatsApp. Thank you.

Hi,

does anyone know if it's possible to remove the motor shaft from a QS180?
i'm wondering if replacing the shaft with a longer keyed shaft of the same diameter would be possible, as it'd make fitting a pulley a lot simpler and possibly having an outer support bearing to even out the load.

Folks, I just want to give a huge plug for QS Motor here. I'm just starting my build and am at the "buy all the big things" stage.

We are a company that spends about $200K-$250K a year in China, so we're fairly comfortable with the process and have a good understanding of what normal service is...

The battery company, lost our money.
Fardriver want 2 months to build the controller.
Siaecosys couldn't ship a motor in 20 days.

I told this to Harry from QS Motor, harry@qsmotor.com . He called me 20 minutes later, and I quote:
"If you can pay now, we can ship tomorrow".
That's exceptional service!

Oh, and the price was a little less too...

Folks, I just want to give a huge plug for QS Motor here. I'm just starting my build and am at the "buy all the big things" stage.

We are a company that spends about $200K-$250K a year in China, so we're fairly comfortable with the process and have a good understanding of what normal service is...

The battery company, lost our money.
Fardriver want 2 months to build the controller.
Siaecosys couldn't ship a motor in 20 days.

I told this to Harry from QS Motor, harry@qsmotor.com . He called me 20 minutes later, and I quote:
"If you can pay now, we can ship tomorrow".
That's exceptional service!

Oh, and the price was a little less too...
And that folks is how long it took to get here:motor.png

Back