Added suspension, FS custom cruiser

The seatpost is being electroplated gold today....

The rest of it is slowly coming togetherIMG_1094.JPGIMG_1099.JPG
The battery box and frame are off to the powder coater's next week for some gloss blackness.
Still waiting on the last 3 lipo's from HK, been a while now...

1KW said:
these frames fit 26" rear wheels or no?
that would be no, they seem to be designed for 20" wheels with 3" tyre's (tires) fitted.

Which would make them ideal for fitting 16" motorcycle tyres to deal with the puncture problem that all ebikes seem to suffer from, if only I could afford or even find some :?

thewmatusmoloki said:
1KW said:
that would be no, they seem to be designed for 20" wheels with 3" tyre's (tires) fitted.

Which would make them ideal for fitting 16" motorcycle tyres to deal with the puncture problem that all ebikes seem to suffer from, if only I could afford or even find some :?
Know any sort of cruiser frame with a 26" rear? These frames look great to throw 24s of headways in.

Just came over this thread. Love the bike and your sense of style :) I`ll be waiting for more pics of the coated frame 8)

How are you going to keep the chain tensioned? (Trying to find a good solution for singlespeed rear suspension myself...)

Those tyres look pretty badass. I assume they're for a moped?

underdog said:
How are you going to keep the chain tensioned? (Trying to find a good solution for singlespeed rear suspension myself...)
Would a BMX chain tensioner help in your case? They come in different strengths/sizes:
chain-tensioner.jpg

trevc2 said:
Those tyres look pretty badass. I assume they're for a moped?

underdog said:
Would a BMX chain tensioner help in your case? They come in different strengths/sizes:
chain-tensioner.jpg

I understand. But the combined lenght between the two sprockets will differ under suspension load while riding. I Wonder how this is solved on this build :)

underdog said:

Have you considered just installing an off the shelf chain tensioner?
file.php

Attachments

• chain tensioner.JPG
    chain tensioner.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 814
Thanks for the helpful tips guys but I reckon I've got the this one under control :D

Hey trevc2 that's a great looking bike you picked up recently, it should convert really well, If you have any problems just shoot me a PM and we can use my workshop to fab up a problem part.
I can't really use the type of tensioners you posted because of the suspension moving the front and rear cogs relative to each other as underdog pointed out.
Here's how we did it on the last build from a year agoIMG_0050.JPGHere's a link to that build from a year ago, it still goes like a little beauty.http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31030&start=25 Simply an old derailleur from another bike (got heaps of 'em laying around) I like the derailleur idea because it brings the chain around the bottom of the rear freewheel a little more and grabs a couple of extra teeth.

shenzhen_ex, that is an interesting pic you posted and is pretty much the plan for this build, Cheers.

Matt

thewmatusmoloki said:
Thanks for the helpful tips guys but I reckon I've got the this one under control :D

Hey trevc2 that's a great looking bike you picked up recently, it should convert really well, If you have any problems just shoot me a PM and we can use my workshop to fab up a problem part.
I can't really use the type of tensioners you posted because of the suspension moving the front and rear cogs relative to each other as underdog pointed out.
Here's how we did it on the last build from a year agoHere's a link to that build from a year ago, it still goes like a little beauty.http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31030&start=25 Simply an old derailleur from another bike (got heaps of 'em laying around) I like the derailleur idea because it brings the chain around the bottom of the rear freewheel a little more and grabs a couple of extra teeth.

shenzhen_ex, that is an interesting pic you posted and is pretty much the plan for this build, Cheers.

Matt
Cheers man, thanks for the offer. I'm accumulating a decent pile of parts here. There's the Demo9 bike (complete) and Giant DH comp frame with kiwi dropouts on the way, plus a ton of parts in the post. I'm going with the HT3525 in probably a 100V LiPo setup. The demo9 frame just seems too nice to take an angle grinder to, so I'll probably sell the frame but use most of the gear from it.

Tidy work Matt. I only just noticed this thread but I see why you were showing interest in my gold rims and bits now!
I hadnt seen those gold brakes around, nice find. I'm tempted to get a set myself but would rather function over form. Let me know how they go though

Hyena said:
I see why you were showing interest in my gold rims and bits now!
... yeah,busted 8)

Hyena said:
I hadnt seen those gold brakes around, nice find. I'm tempted to get a set myself but would rather function over form
I ended up using the rear brake (1350mm) for the front, got 2000mm of stainless mesh hydraulic cable for the back brakes from CRC and took the other lever and caliper to 99 bikes for them to fit and bleed , when I got it back I found that they seem to have made a hole in one of the hydraulic seals inside the lever reservoir, didn't check it properly at the shop and paid the 60 bucks. Found out a week later when I went to test it :x ..... I'll never go back to 99bikes again.

Spewin.

But I'm sure I'll get over it real soon.. once I'm riding this beast :D

thewmatusmoloki said:
1KW said:

Gold Coast Motorcycle Tyres in Mermaid carries a bunch. I got my Pirelli ML75 there for $45. Not the cheapest, but very close by (and it only took 1 day to get it in stock). Much easier to walk over than pay more US freight costs :)

Yeah, HK finally sailed their LiPo barge to Australia. Mine should be in this week too.

The gold hardware is looking awesome, really liking the rear disc. I wonder how long that finish will hold up under usage?

Let me know if you ever venture down near Mermaid. Stop in for a beer, would be interesting to see that bike in person.

Cheers

thewmatusmoloki said:
Well the last of the batteries finally showed up. Worked on it all weekend but couldn't finish it because of a few small problems with the fit and finish, sorted now though

Progress from SaturdayView attachment 6

progress from SundayView attachment 5View attachment 4View attachment 3View attachment 2View attachment 1Looks like I'll be up late soldering and wiring tonight !

Hey Matt,
If you're still looking for rims quite similar to mine I found this mob has them in 20" which would suit your ride perfectly.
They're on special at the moment too with the complete wheelset for $120. Bargain!
You'd have to relace them with a disc front hub and your motor in the rear but that's easily done and most importantly they're 36
http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/alloy-bmx-bike-wheels-wheelset-narrow-gold/ZJS810N-GOLD

Back