Added suspension, FS custom cruiser

They do surely look like the goods Jay , cheers mate :!:

Rim width: Inside to Inside: 35mm; ... Do you think they are ok for motorcycle width type tyres ? Must surely be close ....

When I noticed that there were only 4 left in stock I panicked and bought 2 of them straight away. :shock:

Even if they don't fit M/C tyres they are still very cool rims, I'll find a use for them

Nice find Jay, cheers :DrimGOLD.jpg

You bought 2 ?? You realise that price was for a set right ? Front and rear ?
Hence why I said it was a bargain. You could make a pimpin quad though now :lol:

As for getting tyres on them, as the measurements show they're quite wide so if you cant get a tyre on them there'd be very few other 20" bicycle rims that could. That said, if you can't get your tyres on them you could probably pick up a fat 16" pitbike rear rim in gold pretty cheap.

Nah, I bought one set = two rims ....... I hope ! :?
Hyena said:
As for getting tyres on them, as the measurements show they're quite wide so if you cant get a tyre on them there'd be very few other 20" bicycle rims that could.
I reckon the width might be ok, but the rim depth looks pretty small for the wire beads to grip to. Anyway, time will tell.

Haven't even ridden the bike yet and already I'm nervous about thieves. :roll:

I generally don't leave my bikes out of sight for more than 5 minutes when locked up and haven't had any problems so far, but this bike is probably a bit more tempting to steal than my previous machines.

Bought one of these for 20 bucks, not sure if it's any good but for that price its pretty hard to go wrongtracker.jpg Will wire it up to the 12v supply and mount it in the batt box and then see if a signal can get in or out, if not I'll try under the seat I suppose ....

thewmatusmoloki said:

I generally don't leave my bikes out of sight for more than 5 minutes when locked up and haven't had any problems so far, but this bike is probably a bit more tempting to steal than my previous machines.

Bought one of these for 20 bucks, not sure if it's any good but for that price its pretty hard to go wrong Will wire it up to the 12v supply and mount it in the batt box and then see if a signal can get in or out, if not I'll try under the seat I suppose ....

Sorry dude i currently watching too for a GPS tracker but this is one without GPS its only with GSM/GPRS baseband station location. :lol:
search for TK102 in the express :wink: it have real GPS not only in the name.

Gday Mr. Jolly Jumper

I've never used this type of tracker (with no GPS) before, or for that matter, any kind of tracker :p

So are you saying that the GSM/GPRS baseband one's don't work or are somehow ineffective ?
The one I already bought runs off anything from 9 to 48 volts, which is pretty handy, and was only $19 delivered. So I won't be upset if its a POS. :D

The TK102 looks nice but its bigger and harder to conceal on the bike, it also seems to run off either batteries which will need recharging (no thanks) or a 5v USB rail, which unfortunately I don't have on this bike ............... yet.

Prost,

Matt

yeah position of the GPRS is only ~50m
with GPS you get 1-3 meter

You can buy the version with a wall plug 230V and connect this with your battery it works in most cases if your batterie have 48V or more.
I buy it but needs ~3 weeks to arive than i can tell you more. maybe it can be run without batterie and housing can be disambled to make it flater ;)

skoll,

JJ

thewmatusmoloki said:
but this bike is probably a bit more tempting to steal than my previous machines.

Definitely more of a temptation! Looking great. :)

I think Jolly is right, if I understand correctly the GPRS is cell tower triangulation, not satellite. Nice deal for a solution, but would require more leg work in the end should it go missing.

Great looking bike mate, love the gold anodized accents really goes well with the black framework...

KiM

That's turned out really well. Impressive effort and attention to detail :)

We had a swing-mooring and a sailboat right near there, I think I can almost make out some of the same boats (those people never move).

AussieJester said:
Great looking bike mate, love the gold anodized accents really goes well with the black framework
Thanks Kim, The powder coating cost $70 all up for the 2 boxes + side panels and the front & rear frame sections, that was mates rates though, probably would have been about 100 normally, definitely worth it, thick, durable and glossy. I reckon I'll never use a spray can on a bike again. I'd absolutely recommend it for your amazing cruiser at some stage.

trevc2 said:
That's turned out really well. Impressive effort and attention to detail

We had a swing-mooring and a sailboat right near there, I think I can almost make out some of the same boats (those people never move).
Cheers Trev, sorry I haven't been over to buy that tyre yet, haven't been near your area for days for some reason :?
Yeah I've been here since the late 70's and have actually seen a few boats get old and sink at those moorings, that must cost 'em a bit to recover :( :lol:

Top job Matt
The Chestermobile needs to visit the powdercoater next, or the electroplater

thewmatusmoloki said:
trevc2 said:
That's turned out really well. Impressive effort and attention to detail

Cheers Trev, sorry I haven't been over to buy that tyre yet, haven't been near your area for days for some reason :?
Yeah I've been here since the late 70's and have actually seen a few boats get old and sink at those moorings, that must cost 'em a bit to recover :( :lol:
No worries about the tyre, and I wasn't selling it (you're welcome to have it). I might pick your brain about my plan for the demo9 torque plates though. I don't want to make it more complicated than necessary for those things.

I'd bet those boats were insured for an "agreed value", funny how they end up sinking or burning:) I did know one guy that lived on a ratty old sailboat right in front of the Sundale bridge, his was genuinely sinking a little bit every day. This is where we were, about 4 moorings from the bridge

31076_1352623570400_5605684_n.jpg

thewmatusmoloki said:

Bought one of these for 20 bucks, not sure if it's any good but for that price its pretty hard to go wrong Will wire it up to the 12v supply and mount it in the batt box and then see if a signal can get in or out, if not I'll try under the seat I suppose ....

I bought a Geogram One on the recommendation of MattyCiii. It's $130 and customizable. Runs on a SIM that you provide. It seems like a really good kit. I'll know more about it after this weekend when I can install and test it.

Looks good mate. I like the mirror! I might have missed it earlier but did you build an internal charger into the frame are you just using that IEC jack for DC charging ? I guess for your own personal use it doesn't matter if it's straight DC but it's a danger for noobs that alot of chinese kit manufacturers (especially older GM kits ) use these for DC power. Along comes a noob who plugs in the corresponding AC power cord and boom...

Your gold rims haven't shown up yet?

cal3thousand said:
I bought a Geogram One on the recommendation of MattyCiii. It's $130 and customizable. Runs on a SIM that you provide. It seems like a really good kit. I'll know more about it after this weekend when I can install and test it.
Thanks cal3thousand, looks interesting, I'll check out your review.

Hyena said:
I might have missed it earlier but did you build an internal charger into the frame are you just using that IEC jack for DC charging
No internal charger, I was going to bulk charge with this 1500 watt monster that I got from greentime on aliexpress, but the first time I pluged it in yesterday it snap crackled and popped ! So there's 300 odd bucks down the drain :xIMG_0115.JPG Opened it up and had a look but everything in there looks fine and the fuse checks out as ok so that'll definetly be the last charger I get off greentime. I've got a 1200 watt charger on its way from Leaf bike nowView attachment 1IMG_0119.JPG
I've set the batteries up so any individual pack can be taken out and balanced, cell voltages can be tested by removing the cover and leaving the batts in place, lessons I learned the hard way over the years unfortunately.
Hyena said:
I guess for your own personal use it doesn't matter if it's straight DC but it's a danger for noobs that alot of chinese kit manufacturers (especially older GM kits ) use these for DC power. Along comes a noob who plugs in the corresponding AC power cord and boom...
Cmon mate, Its only 100vdc, barely tickles :lol: Haha yeah I've used these plugs successfully on all my bikes so far, this type of plug is a lot heavier duty than the normal Chinese IEC's it has gold pins that are nearly twice as thick as the others.
If someone steals the bike and plugs an ac lead into that socket, then the'll probably get what they deserve IMO :D

Hyena said:
Your gold rims haven't shown up yet?
yes, they showed up a yesterday actually and they're pretty sweet :D I'll take some time for me to get some good spokes for the rear, don't really wanna reuse the old ones + would much prefer it as 1x pattern, Hmm maybe if I send the hub and rim down to Glowwormbicycles they could do something with it ?IMG_0122.JPG What a TINY freewheel on this rear one :!: IMG_0123.JPG

thewmatusmoloki said:
Cmon mate, Its only 100vdc, barely tickles :lol:
It's not the 100vdc that's the issue, it's pumping 240vac into it :lol:
But yes, a nice gift for a thief. A remote dead mans switch of sorts :twisted:

thewmatusmoloki said:
Hmm maybe if I send the hub and rim down to Glowwormbicycles they could do something with it ?
Yep, send 'er down and they can measure the ERD and custom cut spokes to suit your hub. They're going to think my 2 have reproduced and had a baby little 20" offspring :p

What a TINY freewheel on this rear one :!:
Wow, is that actually a freewheel or a fixed cog ? Looks too small to house freewheeling mechanism.

Back