Advice for upgrading Yokler

Jdevon

100 µW
Hi all,

Just looking for some ideas and advice.

We have a Yokler T which we use as an alternative to a second car. We love it apart from the power is slightly below what we would like ideally. It comes with a 36v 250w bafang mid drive system and it works fine but is a bit slow at times. I have been trying to research options for getting a bit more power into it but information on Yoklers people have upgraded is a bit hard to come by.

I have a bafang 750w mid drive system on another bike that isn't getting much use these days, would they be a direct swap fit wise? (i know I would have to upgrade the controller and battery)

failing this are there any other ideas on the best way to go with this?
1700161414651.png

Any of the Bafang BBS series would be a compatible swap. But for the intended purpose of that trike, it might be better to use a high powered (1500W for example) front hub motor than a crank drive. It certainly would result in better reliability and lower maintenance. The small wheel diameter would let a hub motor do its best work.

You don't have to configure the thing for illegal speed; it can be limited by RPM/volt or by controller programming to a compliant speed without restricting its gross power available for accelerating or climbing.

Any of the Bafang BBS series would be a compatible swap. But for the intended purpose of that trike, it might be better to use a high powered (1500W for example) front hub motor than a crank drive. It certainly would result in better reliability and lower maintenance. The small wheel diameter would let a hub motor do its best work.

You don't have to configure the thing for illegal speed; it can be limited by RPM/volt or by controller programming to a compliant speed without restricting its gross power available for accelerating or climbing.
I hadn't considered a hub motor but I will definitely look into it and do some research, as sounds like a good idea.

Back