Ant BMS balancing problem

arvatadryan

1 µW
Hi there
I build for myself a Surron battery 72v 57ah 20s12p
After I connected the ant bms I started to balance and it did till 0.004 and then stopped
Now it doesn’t wanna start balancing anymore ,it is normal?

Attachments

• IMG_0368.png
    IMG_0368.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0369.png
    IMG_0369.png
    285.8 KB · Views: 15
I only know the old ANT BMS version. There you could set the threshold for start balancing and you could seperatly set the Cell difference in mV .
Now I use a JK-active BMS and set it to balance above 4,1V and more than 5mV difference.

If you built your own battery then it wouldn't be too hard for you to trash your Battery Murdering System and re connect the sensing wires to RC balancing plugs and then use cheap RC chargers to balance your battery once or twice a year. I've used this primitive system successfully for more than a decade. Need to keep track of your battery Voltage while on your rides though. I use a CA.

build for myself a Surron battery 72v 57ah 20s12p
After I connected the ant bms I started to balance and it did till 0.004 and then stopped
Now it doesn’t wanna start balancing anymore ,it is normal?
Show your settings on the Ant. The gear shaped icon , you are probably running with what is ships with.
I too only know the Old Ant app/software
Later floyd

I set mine to 5mV difference. Other BMS are set to 2mV or even up to 10mV.

If you built your own battery then it wouldn't be too hard for you to trash your Battery Murdering System and re connect the sensing wires to RC balancing plugs and then use cheap RC chargers to balance your battery once or twice a year. I've used this primitive system successfully for more than a decade. Need to keep track of your battery Voltage while on your rides though. I use a CA.
Okay, now I feel very comfortable asking this "publicly" (because oh please, this is a joke, right?): what on Earth is going on around this forum? It is SO WEIRD sometimes. That's a cute joke, but seriously, I think he meant "battery MANAGEMENT system."

No?

Back