Any tangible benefit of upgrading from L10 Baserunner to Phaserunner controller?

Paul_W

1 µW
I'm running a GMAC 10T with a Baserunner L10 controller....52V battery. CA V3. Salsa Vaya steel touring bike conversion used around the city streets (and many hills) of Seattle. Awesome bike, but always thinking about how to make it better. Would I get any real/noticeable benefit from upgrading to a Phaserunner controller? Thanks

Last edited:
Can your battery's BMS handle the higher amps? If you have to limit max battery amps in Phaserunner suite to not trip the BMS, probably no benefit. They both support advanced features like fields weakening fine. Baserunner is limited in voltage and max battery amps, though.

You can use the motor calculator to find out what Inanek mentioned, but instead of using thier preset motor controller options, select a custom contoller instead. Then set the controllers phase amps (90 for phaserunner, 70 or baserunner), and heres the key part, set the battery amps to whatever your batteries rated BMS is (mine is 50 amps but yours could be lower, maybe 40).

Use that to compare the torque value when the motor is at about 0kph (it will be its maximum torque)

You might see some increase in torque but from personal experience the new V6 phaserunner is really buggy and having issues with overcurrent faults. Lots of jerking at motor start and even faulting out, so much time spend adjusting the current regulator Kp value.

I suspect part of the problem is the autotute not correctly identifying the hall sensor offsets, but I have not tried to tweak that.

Back