Anyone in Arkansas want a free 48 volt Lifepo4 battery ?

sunnyday

100 mW
Heres the deal, I bought a complete kit , that came with a 48 volt lifepo4 - 20 A/h battery....I used the battery on my bike about 12 times, and then I started having problems with my bike shutting down around 50-52 volts. I am new to this hobby, so I wrongly assumed it was a bad cell in my battery . Well, now that I have gotten a new battery { another $500 spent} I have found out it wasnt my old battery . It looks like the damn fuse holder contacts got rusty from the high humidity this summer, and was causing to much resistance and feeding the controller the wrong voltage info .

Evidently I didnt need another battery...

Now, the battery I am giving away has been unwrapped by me, because I was gonna test each cell and check for problems , but as far as I now know, my problem was never my battery. So I just learned a $500 lesson....always check connections/fuse contacts first.

anyways , this battery should be useful to someone. It is a 48 volt/ 20 A/h . If you are interested, shot me a private message with your phone number. I have no desire to ship this out...if I was gonna do that, then I would just sell it on ebay and try to recoup some of my money. I am giving this away to the first person who responds and is in close enough proximity to me, to come and pick it up in person.

I live in Arkansas, white county..about 20 minutes from the town of Searcy Arkansas.

I would prefer to give this to someone who has knowledge about these ebikes, that way if I ever have a problem , I have someone to call who may be able to help me out with advice over the phone { this should be a fair deal for a free lifepo4 battery }

oh..and for anyone who lives in a humid enviroment , or drives in the rain...always check those fuse contacts...mine were totally rusted out in only 5 months time . I guess im gonna have to get a fuse holder that is gold plated , then I wont have to worry about rusting issues.

StudEbiker said:
For the first time in my life, I wish I lived in Arkansas. :lol:

hahaha...

yeah, this is a great deal for somone....and if someone only needs a 36 volt setup, they could easily do some work and desolder a few cells to make it work for their setup...

I just wished I woulda checked the damn fuse contacts...I never dreamed they could rust out so quickly from the humidity in the summertime.....I never even drive the bike in the rain.

slacker said:
if it works why not keep as a back-up/emergency battery?

when I unwrapped it, of course the cells expanded so it would be difficult to wrap it up tight again, so it would fit in my custom made battery compartment on my ebike.

also, I dont do alot of ebike riding...I just bought it to buzz around the town a couple times a week in good weather....so basically the battery would just be sitting unused...

if no one wants it, thats fine with me...im just throwing the offer out there.

sounds like a great deal for someone with a little bit of paying forward in return.

I applaud your nice gesture good luck finding someone.

You have got to be kidding!

No Es members live in Arkansas?

About the battery, It sounds like it's pouches.
Where did you get it? Just asking,
to help someone to move to Arkansas.

You will find ebikers coming out there soon, I hope.

Great offer for someone.

Dan

DAND214 said:
You have got to be kidding!

No Es members live in Arkansas?

About the battery, It sounds like it's pouches.
Where did you get it? Just asking,
to help someone to move to Arkansas.

You will find ebikers coming out there soon, I hope.

Great offer for someone.

Dan

yes, its pouches { is that good or bad }

the battery is a decent one { not V power} ...came with a full kit I bought off ebay......my problem wasnt the battery...it was the rusted fuse connector...I just figured it out today...cause I bought a new battery..and the problem was still happening...im trying to find a gold plated fuse connector to solve any future rust issues.

And just 2 months after I moved from Conway (20 yrs) to Pittsburgh (PA) :cry: .

Cameron

Ill pay you the shipping, to send it to Amberwolf. Paypal to your account when AW recieves it, or mail you a check or money order.

Looks like this battery will have a new owner....dealt with a member thru P.M."s....

thanks for the repsonses...

Five thumbs up for you. You took quite a loss on that, but paying it forward was the right thing to do. I'd like to think that is the true ES spirit.

We all pay it forward here, even if it's only in the form of telling how you tried something and it didn't work.

Amberwolf seems to be able to fix nearly anything, so he's a great guy to send stuff to.

What a toltally cool act of selfless generosity, from both the original poster and from forum members. I luv this forum! Good things always seem to happen here.
Gary

Back