Anyone know about/tried TOSEVEN Mid Drive?

Not really, it depends how big the gap is in reallity.
Thermal grease or paste works normally for a very small gap. (second picture left side)
If the gap is bigger, you can use thermal pads that exist in different thicknesses.
The best is to choose for as high as possible conductivity like 5 to 8 W/(m·K), to fill the airgaps between motor and housing.

On the picture the improvement above tsdz2 is already a lot more, but as you said it isn't the DM-02, only simular.
With Tsdz2 it is about 6mm around the stator, a bit more than 2 mm on the top and 1mm at the axle side of the bare motor.
I think we can probably do a test and see if it's worthwhile doing.

The improvement will be significant as it is, i feel that the design is close to being optimised now and that for more power its best to consider a higher power motor like the DM-01 we have produced.

Im going to do a post with other improvements to the DM-02 but im looking forward to users getting their hands on them and seeing they are definitely not what they expected.

I saw the comments assuming that they were probably a lower quality copy. Nothing could be further from the truth. Its an improved design and i think people are going to be happy with them.

.... for more power its best to consider a higher power motor like the DM-01 we have produced.
.... Its an improved design and i think people are going to be happy with them.
For the EU, only 250W continu power is legal on the main road, as described in the EN15194:2017
That is why the DM-02 is a better choice for a lot of people.
If the DM-01 is technically the better one, consider releasing a 250W version of it as well.

I hope you will share some pictures of the inside of both engines, so we too can see these improvements.

I hope you also can answer the question about the controller software.
On the UK forum you have said:
"we have transitioned to UART controller's we intend to keep because its open to community development
we intend to release the motor programming software to the community/ end users and activity engage with them on forums like this being a step up there is an increase in price."

Does that mean that you are planning to offer the software as Open Source?

Last edited:
I saw today PSWpower has removed ToSeven of his product pages, without mention of any reason.
Imho this means that there seem to be far-reaching distribution problems, because you usually see "out of stock"
Yesterday that was the case for DM-01, but not for DM-02

It may be temporary, but a removal is a bit strange and is not good for confidence.

Last edited:
I saw today PSWpower has removed ToSeven of his product pages, without mention of any reason.
Imho this means that there seem to be far-reaching distribution problems, because you usually see "out of stock"
Yesterday that was the case for DM-01, but not for DM-02

It may be temporary, but a removal is a bit strange and is not good for confidence.
Hi Elinx

Please contact us if you have questions. This was planned by us.

We are taking a different approach to sales and distribution. We want to have close connections to our customers and building good relationship with regional distributors who will work closely with us to offer warranty, servicing and spare parts

Please reach out instead of speculation.

Thanks

Kind regards
Alex

.. This was planned by us.
... Please reach out instead of speculation.
You are right that speculation isn't the best way, but if this was already planned by you then it isn't wise to keep silent about that.
This and other threads I know, are all based on the fact that ToSeven was for sale at PSWPower and everyone want to know what ToSeven is.
So PSWpower was the only connection and you are this as a representative of ToSeven.

I mean what I say about confidence if, out of the blue, a product is removed from a well known supplier.
I hope you will tell us soon how ToSeven will distribute their products in Europe and other countries.

Last edited:
It was us who removed it.

It was actually an accident they ended up with them the way they did. We are planning our full launch

For the EU, only 250W continu power is legal on the main road, as described in the EN15194:2017
That is why the DM-02 is a better choice for a lot of people.
If the DM-01 is technically the better one, consider releasing a 250W version of it as well.

I hope you will share some pictures of the inside of both engines, so we too can see these improvements.

I hope you also can answer the question about the controller software.
On the UK forum you have said:
"we have transitioned to UART controller's we intend to keep because its open to community development
we intend to release the motor programming software to the Elinommunity/ end users and activity engage with them on forums like this being a step up there is an increase in price."

Does that mean that you are planning to offer the software as Open Source?
Hi Elinx
We are fully aware of all laws and regulations

I recommended the DM-01 for users who desire high power.

Yes the software will be published. It needs some polish to be more user friendly to the general public.

Something we are working on

Hi @Olek.x, thanks for joining the forum. I've a question regarding your published gear reduction ratio of 40.27:1, and how you're accomplishing it.

In your motor exploded view, I see a fairly typical reduction stage between the motor armature spiral shaft and the related spiral gear. From there, via a pinion shaft, there's another reduction stage with the large secondary gear. All of this looks tried and true. Is there a third reduction stage within the secondary gear?

A few more questions - what material is used for the spiral gear, does the controller have temperature sensor monitoring, and does the controller cut the power back during over-temp conditions?

Thank you for your time, and best of luck with your motor rollout.

Last edited:

It was actually an accident they ended up with them the way they did. We are planning our full launch
Ok that is clear, thanks for your explination about this.
We are looking forward to the official introduction.

A moderator question - wouldn't this thread be more appropriately located over in the mid-motor forum? There's understandably a lot of interest in new e-bike mid-motors, especially high-power ones at very good price points, and there are already a lot of convoluted thread posts over there pertaining to this motor.

Last edited:
...wouldn't this thread be more appropriately located over in the mid-motor forum? ...
I had opened in the first place my thread about ToSeven there, but I moved to here to avoid too much defragmentation about the same topic.
Otherwise there would be three threads as Stancecoke mentioned.

Thanks @Elinx - I wondered if the noise level over there wasn't the reason why it was over here. I've subscribed, as I want to follow mid-motor development, especially improvements.

... I've subscribed, as I want to follow mid-motor development, especially improvements.
We can only discuss ToSeven for now, because nobody had seen the ToSeven motor, so a thread in the discussion forum is not a bad place for the time being.

Hi Olek/Alex, will you be able to get a DM01 to a distributor sooner for testing rather than to an end user? I’d like to get one as soon as possible, and can get a distributor here to ask on my behalf if that helps. Either way if it works well I think it will sell well here

Imho it is still a pity that the ToSeven engines have been removed from PSWPower, because that was the reason we got noticed in the first place about ToSeven. Now that they have been removed from PSW, it has become very quiet, because nobody even has a chance to try and review them if they want.

Hi,

Olek.x

Where and when can we buy this motor?.And what is the point of making them if nobody sells them??

Hi Olek/Alex, will you be able to get a DM01 to a distributor sooner for testing rather than to an end user? I’d like to get one as soon as possible, and can get a distributor here to ask on my behalf if that helps. Either way if it works well I think it will sell well here
Samples are going out to distributers at the end of April. Have them contact me at alexnoble@to7motor.cn

Hi guys

Tosevens forum home will be on the High Voltage discord.

I can't monitor every single thread and forum so this will be the main one im active on. Its also where news and software will be released first

Thanks
alex

On the UK pedelecs forum another To7 representaive by the name of KatLee has mentioned that the reason why the lead tsdz designer jumped ship was because of the owners unwillingness to improve the design and solely wanting a cheap motor to sell to the masses.
If the aim of T07 is to allow the designer to improve the old design with new better one then hopefully the new DM01/02 mid drives will be a lot better.
Apart from being told that it for sale on alibaba which generally is a trade market place , the worlds ebikes communities will have to wait until retail market places have them to sell.

Those could have already been shipped to the EU from China from the same batch. They are all in Germany as you see. We will be launching at the end of the month. Thanks
We will be launching you say,who are we and where to order?

Back