Aptera is gone for good. :'(

My fabricator and I were just talking about building a design just like this the other night. I sent him the link about this failing and his response back was I wonder where the molds are lol.

I know he an I could pull it off, the only issue would be it would have a top speed of about 80mph but get there as the same rate of a 600cc sport bike because that's what we want, economy + fun to drive when we want. Electric should offer both as viable options. Good aero for cruising and power for fun driving.

Just like my ebikes, good economy with pedaling, or motorcycle mode depending on my mood.

:cry:
The only car that i would have considered buying new......what a bunch of crap.
Sign me up for the team that is going to fab the next wave of "experimental" vehicles. I am thinking a design team to plagerise the Aptera to the absolute limit of copyright infringment & beyond....then make it a "kit car(motorcycle really) offering. for the masses...cheap as possible.
Maybe set up a 501c for the project....I don't need to be rich...I just need to build stuff. Cool stuff is better.

Any one have any ideas? I am ready to walk away from my day Job....& I cut my teeth in industry as a plug maker for the custom Yacht industry. this would be a large undertaking, but so worth it.

Jabber on here or PM me. I am tired of watching the best ideas fall to the wayside. Or am I just a fringe enthusiest who wanted a goofy ass looking car? (according to the Mustang driving crowd)
thud steps off soap box to go play pot limit Omaha.
now where did i leave the keys to my Tucker?

..I'm always up for an adventure... Count me in.

Thud said:
:cry:
The only car that i would have considered buying new......what a bunch of crap.
Sign me up for the team that is going to fab the next wave of "experimental" vehicles. I am thinking a design team to plagerise the Aptera to the absolute limit of copyright infringment & beyond....then make it a "kit car(motorcycle really) offering. for the masses...cheap as possible.
Maybe set up a 501c for the project....I don't need to be rich...I just need to build stuff. Cool stuff is better.

Any one have any ideas? I am ready to walk away from my day Job....& I cut my teeth in industry as a plug maker for the custom Yacht industry. this would be a large undertaking, but so worth it.

Jabber on here or PM me. I am tired of watching the best ideas fall to the wayside. Or am I just a fringe enthusiest who wanted a goofy ass looking car? (according to the Mustang driving crowd)
thud steps off soap box to go play pot limit Omaha.
now where did i leave the keys to my Tucker?
Lets do this!!! But we need income for now so don't quit your job just yet!

I'd love to be helping build stuff like this...but I would have to learn as I go, cuz I don't have the kind of experience necessary to do most of what is needed for these things.

amberwolf said:
I'd love to be helping build stuff like this...but I would have to learn as I go, cuz I don't have the kind of experience necessary to do most of what is needed for these things.
Man I'm sure you have your skill set! And this forum is about helping each other learn!! I was just reading a Mazda new article and some douche commented
"I don't know why they are wasting there time with ev's they are DIRTY yup that's right they just move the pollution!" Then went on to say and the battery costing XXXX to replace... frock I want to barf when I here that shit. We need to get the facts out there! So much bull shit!!! Which leads me to my next thought I will start a thread about it for your guys es help, I started helping a small group of grade 6 students with a drag race high type get together. I met the owner when he came to me for bike work and said have you ever thought about anything electric then I showed him my bmx videos and luke's video And his jaw dropped! So I will start a thead because we have big plans and I need to have my facts 100% right because as this gains attention I will Have a banner stating the misconceptions and proving them wrong!
As well I could use other help from you all. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34455&p=500541#p500541

Ready to get upset? This is what they are doing with the remaining Aptera bodies. This is because it's worth more money back in tax to write them all off as a total loss.

[youtube]yGqhKLFS62k[/youtube]

Man that is hard to watch, there are actually a few more videos from the same youtube account with more destruction if you are a glutton for punishment.

Real shame they couldn't get this product to the market. It had a lot of potential.

liveforphysics said:
This is what they are doing with the remaining Aptera bodies. This is because it's worth more money back in tax to write them all off as a total loss.

They dont seem too upset at destroying their efforts :eek:
Suggests (proves to me), they were only in it as a business /money venture rather than actually any real desire for the EV future ! :cry:
If they had any passion for this venture, they would have passed some of those shells / moulds on to someone who would use them !

Hillhater said:
liveforphysics said:
This is what they are doing with the remaining Aptera bodies. This is because it's worth more money back in tax to write them all off as a total loss.

They dont seem too upset at destroying their efforts :eek:
Suggests (proves to me), they were only in it as a business /money venture rather than actually any real desire for the EV future ! :cry:
If they had any passion for this venture, they would have passed some of those shells / moulds on to someone who would use them !

That's sadly not how it works in a world driven by lawyer driven evil government policy that rewards failure and punishes success.
Look at the EV1. The people loved it, loved the cars, loved the project, they destroyed everything related to the project for a tax write-off. That's what happens when you have inherently evil policy setup to reward failure.

This is also a trend of what happens when someone from GM joins your board, you end up crushing your entire project and burying it somewhere, and locking up the IP pertaining to everything a hundred layers deep in legal BS preventing others from doing what you decided to no longer pursue.

On Video #4, some asshole asked "how much do you think these videos are worth ", Absolute complete morons. They were laughing through the whole process. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

liveforphysics said:
That's sadly not how it works in a world driven by lawyer driven evil government policy that rewards failure and punishes success. .
I understand Luke, but if you have ever been involved in a business wind up, you will know that there is plenty of opportunity for things to "disappear" before the gates are locked !
If t were you or I on that site, i am sure some of the key useful parts would have been "lost" before the final stock take. :wink:

Those videos were very hard for me to watch... I guess I have worked too hard on too many things in my life, always trying to make them work, or make them better. To see something "good" just destroyed... makes something inside of me go sour. From what I think I understand about taxes, they could have sold them for $1 scrap value and had the same write offs.

bigmoose said:
Those videos were very hard for me to watch... I guess I have worked too hard on too many things in my life, always trying to make them work, or make them better. To see something "good" just destroyed... makes something inside of me go sour. From what I think I understand about taxes, they could have sold them for $1 scrap value and had the same write offs.

Not in the US Dave. Your lawyers see to it that liability of anyone doing anything with parts from anywhere results in mutually assured destruction for everyone but the lawyers.

I'm so glad I just started my own Nevada chapter c corporation. Now I just need to figure out how to pull off something like this and retire young due to my success at failing and getting lots of government money. Taking suggestions now!

Winning ideas will get a percentage of the profits.... losses?... profit losses? I dunno wtf to call them but it's money in our pockets!

I was on Apters e-mail list and received this ......

Three-Wheeled EV excitement is alive at Epic EV

While the page has turned on the Aptera 3-wheeled EV, the promise of exciting 3-wheel vehicles is alive and well at EPIC EV, the California based manufacturer of electric and hybrid-electric recreational vehicles. Specifically, the company, headed by Aptera co-founder Chris Anthony, has announced its Torq, 3-wheeled performance electric vehicle, that will be manufactured at its plant in Louisiana.

Executives at the company say that the Torq is only the beginning, and Anthony still has big visions of reconnecting with the DNA of the Typ-1.

Click below to learn more

http://www.evepic.com/

This inclusion of this article does not in any way constitute an endorsement of EPIC EV or its products by Aptera Motors, Inc or its affiliates. Aptera Motors, Inc and EPIC Boats, LLC are not related companies. Aptera Motors, Inc and its affiliates assume no responsiblity for the claims or actions of EPIC Boats, LLC or any of its affiliates.

No customer information has been shared with EPIC Boats, LLC or any of its affiliates as a part of this communication.
Headline

The Chinese may pick up on the concept ....

http://greenauto.en.alibaba.com/product/209702123-209282644/HIGH_SPEED_ELECTRIC_CAR.html?tracelog=cgsotherproduct1

zombiess said:
I'm so glad I just started my own Nevada chapter c corporation. Now I just need to figure out how to pull off something like this and retire young due to my success at failing and getting lots of government money. Taking suggestions now! Winning ideas will get a percentage of the profits.... losses?... profit losses? I dunno wtf to call them but it's money in our pockets!

This might be a seriously good start as posted above. See what a container of them landed would cost. Bet we could do a group buy, and work the gummit subsidy... have to add some US content though... Yea, more cup holders! That should work.

jmygann said:

http://greenauto.en.alibaba.com/product/209702123-209282644/HIGH_SPEED_ELECTRIC_CAR.html?tracelog=cgsotherproduct1

Hmmmm, That would be sweet! Let get some numbers together.

bigmoose said:
zombiess said:
I'm so glad I just started my own Nevada chapter c corporation. Now I just need to figure out how to pull off something like this and retire young due to my success at failing and getting lots of government money. Taking suggestions now! Winning ideas will get a percentage of the profits.... losses?... profit losses? I dunno wtf to call them but it's money in our pockets!

This might be a seriously good start as posted above. See what a container of them landed would cost. Bet we could do a group buy, and work the gummit subsidy... have to add some US content though... Yea, more cup holders! That should work.

jmygann said:

My friend and I would most likely be down to buy two. Somehow this electric thing has gotten into my blood now, the seed was planted about one year ago by my friend with crazy talk of electric bicycles. That seed is now growing into a decent sized tree whose branches are arcs of electricity from a Tesla coil.

I'm now addicted to Lithium (batteries), Massive power (Wattage) and economy (low power good aero).

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1070397_breaking-aptera-founder-steve-fambro-gives-first-interview-live-today

Steve Fambro, the man behind the revolutionary and futuristic design that was the Aptera 2e electric car, 2h plug-in hybrid and 2g ultra-high mpg gasoline car, is breaking silence and giving his first public interview today on the online green transport show TransportEvolved.

Hosted by our very own Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield, the show will talk with Fambro about his time at the company, as well as hopefully clear up some confusion surrounding when and where Aptera prototype body shells were destroyed by Aptera employees.

The show airs live at 3pm Eastern, and will be available shortly afterwards as an MP3 and Video edition of the show.

Back