Are there any ways to reduce noise on the cyc x1 pro?

papabless

100 mW
I like that its compatible with more bikes and provides greater power over the bbshd but what bothers me is the noise it produces. Any ideas?

Bigger cog on the motor, from 11t to 12t. Aluminum cover version instead of glass window version. A small bit of extra tightening on the bolts. Motor chain cover from geared version (red tight fit). Geared motor instead of chain version. Low volts, 48 or 52.

I have both a loud and a quiet bike, where it is illegal to have one.
Ultimately, the sound doesn't matter, with a quiet motor you will be ringing your bell so people notice you, with a loud motor and squeeky brakes you will have the comfort of that automatically happening.
You think a cop will stop you because he hears the sound? By the time you are in hearing distance he already decided how stealth your bike looks and if it's an eyesore enough for him to be interested.

If you run it at BBSHD power levels it's not much louder.
Visually it's more stealthy than the BBSHD if the color matches your frame, especially if mounted in the triangle.

From what I've heard the geared version is louder and less durable, not my choice.

Most of the noise is from the planetary box with metal gears. It's an inherently loud motor. There is practically nothing you can do to make the drive quiet.

Hi at what cost?

They helpful ways not are cheap. Or i never see
Tech to most of us. Will never seen

Hubs motor are best we could do. With No money

Unless you own alot bitcoin
I cant help you.

I whiss us lucky

Back