Are you ready for riding season?

omfg... no april fool's joke either...

Woke up this morning, weatherman says " 0 celcius, cloudy, snow and/or rain later this afternoon .. ... 10 to 20 cm !!!! " ... like wtf ???

I hop out of bed, get ready, and have to decide on " Bike vs Cab " .. well.. i biked !

By 2pm the snow started for a bit then stopped, figured " Phew !. "

by 3pm it started nowing .. HARD..

by 4pm i head out the door with a grocery bag covering my battery pack and controller and off i go on the Norco !.. almost wiped out 10ft in, 100v setup in a 20" rim and now covered slush don't mix !!.. daaamn..

I made it about 1 km in, glasses fogged out and snow covered, i had to pull over and clear the lenses or put them in my pocket.. commnig to a very slow stop i almost wiped out again... so i decide to pull into a store driveway and let some air out of the tires ( as they were at 60 psi for dry pave.!! . ) and i ended up putting it on it's side lol.. no harm done it was a clean exit..

Picked the bike up and damit. the kick stand spring went MIA.. argh.. so i'm soaked, 40mph winds, horizontal snow ( the big flakes that cover stuff.. fast.. ) . broken kick stand.. laughing my ass off as i'm actually having fun lol..

Decide this is madness as it's friday at 4pm and traffic is heavy of cell phone drunkards at the wheel, came to my senses and called the neighbor for rescue !!!

I have to cross a traffic circle on my way home and there was a van all smashed in when i we went thru with the truck, know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em !!

While i waited for the truck rescue, i taped up the kick stand with electrical tape ( always have a roll in the backpack ) .. and played around doing donuts in the parking lot. hehe.

Yeah.. did the ride of shame home in a pickup truck.. but i still have my legs !

laughing my ass off as i'm actually having fun lol..

:D

needs more snow chains
CpRX0.jpg

jk, they didn't do very much.

When I first saw that pic, I was trying for like a minute to figure out what Hubble deep space image had to do with this thread.... :lol:
Ypedal said:

PS: Send me some of that snow; I could really use the cold. :roll:

As ready as i am going to be...
ready.jpg
New 2805 laced into a 26 inch rim...Adam at ebikes.ca did a very nice job on the wheel.
New heavy duty bungy cord (exciting isn't it?)
New Brake pads...Kool-Stop works good in the wet i find...
New mirrors...how do people ride without them?
New Big Apple 2.15's...i really like these tires.

Only 0 degrees C in the am...ready to ride to work...WONT miss taking the bus!

Moo

Hey Moose! Those are cool mirrors. What kind are they and where do you get them?
otherDoc

Hey docnjoj,

They are just cheap 5 dollar mirrors from "Canadian Tire" (don't know if you would have that store there?). They have been modded buy heating them with a torch and taking the last bend out of the arms...this makes them stick out a bit farther so I'm not looking at my shoulders when i ride.

Moo

Thanks Moo! I will check out the local auto supply stores and MC shop!
otherDoc

I ride through all seasons so being ready just amounts to keeping up with the regular maintenance.
It's soon time to do the brakes again. The chain got lubed last week.

Ypedal said:
sun bathing..
Well, it's warmer laying in the snow than laying on the ground.... :)

MikeFairbanks said:
I'm ready!
That's...forked up! :shock:

I have honestly never ever seen a fork break like that, and I've done some stupid stuff to bikes (and gotten quite a few as scrap that were hit by cars and such)....

Wow.

Did it just shear thru the stem above the crown?

Just had to shave down my fuzzy St Bernard. He was dying the day it hit 90F. Though hot as hell in summer here, it's still a lot nicer when you can stop riding to work in three coats, and start wearing shorts. I like to pedal, and doing that in levis, long johns and wind pants is not so great. So I find all kinds of excuses to take a car in the winter even though the roads are dry and clear.

6 running ebikes lasted about a week. I just ordered more motors, and now have a bike torn down waiting for new stuff to arrive.

I finally got out today, whoo hoo! Still nippy, just above 50 deg. Went to the mailbox and bank. Oiled the chain when I got back and checked and oiled the other bikes. Won't be long before I hit the trails.

Back