Aussie Role Call

Welcome Kal.
You won't be passing many cyclists with a stock commercial ebike. But fear not, you've come to the right place :p

There's a few other Sydney members around here who post infrequently or never post at all. I've supplied a few kits and bits and pieces to Sydney members with 0 post counts.

Welcome to ES Kal :)...

You and Hyena should definitely catch up for a chat! your both frock motor
users you would have much to discuss im sure! e.g hair products, skin care resumes, nail craft
might even be able to do a lil dress swapping i hear Hyena is getting quite a selection
of frocks now :mrgreen: Seriously though, if you need some expert
advice Hyena is a good one to get in touch with he is one that i ask many a question of
when i am confused about the electronics side of the bikes...which is very often haha..

KiM

Thanks for the welcome Hyena and AussieJester :)

At the moment I'm quite happy with the speed of the bike...plus it is still under warranty. Come next spring though I can see myself wanting more power :mrgreen: Until then I have lots of time to learn and plan :wink:

Hi Kal, and welcome.

No doubt, like the rest of the universe - including aliens - you will be interested in the following breath taking news.

THE wedding is officially off for cricketer Michael Clarke and swimsuit model Lara Bingle, who last night announced the end of their two-year engagement.

Clarke's management, International Quarterback, issued a brief statement about 10pm last night, saying: "Michael Clarke and Lara Bingle have decided to end their engagement.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/michael-clarke-and-lara-bingle-declare-its-over/story-e6frg6nf-1225840255253

And we all thought it was a match made in heaven which would go well beyond the 5th day of any test, the perfect fine leg with a great cover driver, but all it has turned out to be is a compulsive hooker dropped at silly point.

Hopefully she will get next to f*ck all from the divorce, the 250k
Aston Martin and the engagement ring are hers as they were "gifts" she scored 200k for the Womans Day interview about the fug ugly pics that should be it! lets hope thats the last we see of the little cheating tart, bucket full of burnt lego is more attractive than her horse head, check some 'paparazzi' pics of her in a bikini on the beach, its a case of "Lara meet Mr.airbrush..oh your already met.." .before the pics hit the magz...I know i know its the case with every model in a mag, but the "airbrush artist" ie Photochopper for her must be getting paid some serious dollars...same goes for Laras makeup artist, whatever shes paying her it aint enough!

KiM

Hi people

Dieter from Canberra. I have been researching and researching and researching and, well, really needed to get off my butt and actually do something ... Because we have what I consider to be great bike paths and roads here in Canberra, I decided to ditch the motor cycle in favour of trying to lessen my carbon foot print - that's the excuse, otherwise I just find the thought of an ebike quite unique and exciting. I had been riding (a pushbike) into work which was about a 19km commute each way and by the end of the week, I was knackered. So the thought of electric assist to help 'flatten' the hills had some appeal. After a great deal of thought (me only) I contacted John at E-Mtb in Melbourne who seems to be highly recommended in the threads I have read here and he was great. Clearly knew what he was on about and without any pressure, I opted for a 408 Crystalite rear hub motor, Crystalyte 48v 48A digital Controller with 4110 FETS, Headways 48v 10amp/hr battery with BMS and 2 amp charger, half twist throttle and a cycle analyst. I'm now looking for the perfect donor bike. Another story, 'nother time. Now for an experiment, I will see if I can attach a smilie :D Success. :D :) :lol:

Cheers Dieter

Oh, oh, oh, this is getting better! Where to next? She's flushed $200,000 down the toilet. The woman is a genius. :shock:

PLUMBERS were reportedly called to a Sydney apartment - once shared by Lara Bingle and Michael Clarke to search for an "item of significant value" lost down a toilet.

And according to The Sun-Herald newspaper that item was the $200,000 diamond engagement ring belonging to bikini model Lara Bingle, who on Friday - in the full blaze of the Australian media spotlight - broke up with fiance and Aussie cricket vice-captain, Michael Clarke

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/lara-bingle-clan-dumps-on-michael-clarke/story-e6frfmqi-1225840463853

I wonder if Lara ate it first then pooped it out or it was a direct throw down the toilet.

BWAHAHAHA...confirms shes a brainless bimbo, the courts would've likely awarded her the ring, engagement rings are generally considered bvy the courts as a 'gift' hrmmz I wonder if she will trash the 250k Aston Martin Clarkie gave her next! Gooooo Lara you dumb horse faced slut :mrgreen:

KiM

AussieJester said:
BWAHAHAHA...confirms shes a brainless bimbo, the courts would've likely awarded her the ring, engagement rings are generally considered bvy the courts as a 'gift' hrmmz I wonder if she will trash the 250k Aston Martin Clarkie gave her next! Gooooo Lara you dumb horse faced slut :mrgreen:

KiM

In NSW at least, it's the other way around, since it is considered a "conditional gift", the man is awarded it

NSW supreme court ruling

Kal said:
AussieJester said:

KiM

In NSW at least, it's the other way around, since it is considered a "conditional gift", the man is awarded it

NSW supreme court ruling

Not according to the 'professionals' on the morning shows on TV they have all said she would get to keep the rng and the car..Personally i don't think she should either unless the marriages goes ahead as you IMO YOU rightly say it is a "conditional gift" plus i cant stand the cow i find a smashed crab better looking than Bingle.

KiM

I think now that she's flushed and it's gone they should award it to her on purpose, to make her feel like an arse for throwing away what would have been 200 grands worth of her own money.

The aston martin is up for sale, I'll give her 50k for it and not a penny more. It's probably slower than my current ride but I like to help a damsel in distress :p

Hyena said:
I think now that she's flushed and it's gone they should award it to her on purpose, to make her feel like an arse for throwing away what would have been 200 grands worth of her own money.

On the contrary Hyena, i thionk it should be awared to Clarkie and if it has been flushed Bungle should have to pay back the market price of the ring...could be good news foryour Bungle supporters in the form of a Playboy spread... :: shudders at the thought :: Thats one photochop job i wouldnt want to do LoL

KiM

erutangis said:

I'll believe it when I see it on her finger and holding a certificate of authenticity post-dated 13 March 2010. Apart from going after men in relationships and ruining them, the thing I dislike about her is the dishonesty. Her stupidity I can forgive, even her self-seeking get rich quick schemes, but her lies are another thing, although, I have no doubt, it is all tied up with the same character flaws

I love the latest adjunct to this story: her brother approaching the media to sell the real story of the relationship between his sister and Clarke for $100,000. With the Corbys a bit quiet lately, it's good to see the Bingles stepping up to the plate - or should that be padding up?

I'm up in Brisbane for a few days for work. Any locals wanna lend me a an ebike ? All this 15-20 minutes walks back and forth from my hotel to the convention centre sucks :lol: The city looks alot more bike friendly than Sydney, lots of designated bike paths from what I've seen.

You can use one of my bikes. I live in Redcliffe though, a fair way from the city. You could catch the train to Sandgate station, bus to here and then ride back to Sandgate and take the train back into the city. Maybe think of it as a tour. Funnily enough, I did a job at the convention centre on Friday. Rob.

oldhaq said:
You can use one of my bikes. I live in Redcliffe though, a fair way from the city. You could catch the train to Sandgate station, bus to here and then ride back to Sandgate and take the train back into the city. Maybe think of it as a tour. Funnily enough, I did a job at the convention centre on Friday. Rob.

What a nice offer!

When I get my kit and fit it we should meet at Sangate one day and have a coffee. A mate of mine has just ordered an e-bike and will be commuting to the Airport each day. I'm sure I'll be doing some testing at Shorncliffe as a matter of priority!

Hyena, you can also catch a 315 Hornibrook express bus from the bottom end of Queen St Mall, it stops about 500m from my house, costs about $6 and takes about an hour. I have a timetable too.

erutangis said:
When I get my kit and fit it we should meet at Sangate one day and have a coffee. A mate of mine has just ordered an e-bike and will be commuting to the Airport each day. I'm sure I'll be doing some testing at Shorncliffe as a matter of priority!
Love a good cuppa and checking out other bikes, and Sandgate is a great area to ride around. While we're at it, organise the meet for anyone else who'd like to turn up. Bikes are ok on trains outside of peak times and they have a half price Farebuster return ticket on weekends, and they're electric too 8)

oldhaq said:
Love a good cuppa and checking out other bikes, and Sandgate is a great area to ride around. While we're at it, organise the meet for anyone else who'd like to turn up. Bikes are ok on trains outside of peak times and they have a half price Farebuster return ticket on weekends, and they're electric too 8)

How do I do that? Just pick a date and place and post it up here? :)

What does everyone prefer? Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks for the offer Rob! If I had more time to tour around I'd take you up on the offer but I'm heading home tomorrow. I was nearly going to bring my bike up on the plane but figured I'd have hassles with the lipo batteries and what not. These big long halls in the convention centre would have made for a great indoor drag strip though :lol:

No worries Hyena, maybe next time you're up here. I'm fairly sure more than a few lipo cells isn't allowed on domestic flights now, that's what the PO says anyway.
erutangis said:
How do I do that? Just pick a date and place and post it up here? :)
What does everyone prefer? Saturday or Sunday?
When do you expect your bike will be ready to go? Sundays are usually ok for me.

I must be the only one in OZ not getting it then :oops:

Back