Bafang g020 hub motor, no. Of poles gear reduction etc

Hi, anybody know the number of poles and gear reduction on a g020 250w hub motor also the number of magnets for the speed sensor? Cheers

Google results:
FMG020.jpg

20 magnet poles
5:1 ratio
6 magnets for speed sensor

On a KT controller
P1 = 100
P2 = 6

Hi, anybody know the number of poles and gear reduction on a g020 250w hub motor also the number of magnets for the speed sensor? Cheers
I have the same question. I suppose that you are choosing the parameters of a KT controller
I tried to open the motor to see all that but I was unable to unscrew a single screw ...
I red somewhere 20 poles and reduction 1:5 so I put P1=100
But I find that the motor don't run as smoothly as my old Q100

For the speed magnets, I put P2 = 6
It must not be far from the reality because I get almost the same speed on the LCD3 than on my garmin

Version of motors an controllers change without enough informations ...
My G020 is told to be a 500 W motor (RM G020. DC 10 ) ..

Sorry, I searched "G020", I found the question ,but didn't see the answer

G020 has same number of pole magnets, speed magnets and same gear ratio as the G060

The screws need a whack with an impact driver just to break them free. If you use a normal screwdriver the heads tend to get ruined and you end up having to drill them out.

G020 250w, 350w, 500w are all the same, just a different label/engraving for different markets.

Last edited:
Thank you a lot ; I hope I shall not have to open the motor ...
I red that the RPM for 36 V was around 200 tr/mn, the same as my Q100
Nevertheless, it appears that the speed of the G020 decreases more rapidly in hills that the one of this little Q100. I have to rise the power
DO I have to ride quicker to get somme advantage of this engine ? (bad for consumption)

hi, I have a 250watt 36v Bafang rear hub the above advice is correct P1-100 and P2-6 for my bike I'm a little stuck on what is the correct number in C-1 on the LCD8H display any ideas what the best setting for this would be, also why does it take more than 20 seconds for the speed to register on the display or is that normal.

Back