Bafang M620 build.

Kev.k

10 µW
I’m building a bike around a m620.

Im struggling to decide on a drivetrain to go with. It seems the m620 eats a lot of them.

I’m thinking of going with this

Is it a good choice?

Thanks

Looks good, quality steel cassette is what you want. My recommendation though? Microshift acolyte groupset with the steel 12-46t cassette. The less gears the stronger the teeth and chain will be, and the cheaper replacements will be because eventually that cassette will wear out. From what I can tell a replacement cassette would be less than half the cost, that adds up fast if you put a lot of miles on frequently. When you have a powerful mid-drive you probably will find you don't need a huge range cassette or all the extra gears. But if you do want to stick with a wider range 9 speed I think you are going down a good path, box makes a emtb groupset that I assume would be better suited though so maybe check that out?

Looks good, quality steel cassette is what you want. My recommendation though? Microshift acolyte groupset with the steel 12-46t cassette. The less gears the stronger the teeth and chain will be, and the cheaper replacements will be because eventually that cassette will wear out. From what I can tell a replacement cassette would be less than half the cost, that adds up fast if you put a lot of miles on frequently. When you have a powerful mid-drive you probably will find you don't need a huge range cassette or all the extra gears. But if you do want to stick with a wider range 9 speed I think you are going down a good path, box makes a emtb groupset that I assume would be better suited though so maybe check that out?

Thanks for that. Had a few work issues that have delayed things. Back on this now.

I will go with your recommendation, this is all new to me.

Im going to go with a Dengfu e22 frame or buy a used Emtb and swap the motor and battery out with adapter brackets.

Thanks for that. Had a few work issues that have delayed things. Back on this now.

I will go with your recommendation, this is all new to me.

Im going to go with a Dengfu e22 frame or buy a used Emtb and swap the motor and battery out with adapter brackets.

Imo I wouldn't go the used frame unless its made for the m620 to start with, messing with adapters doesn't sound fun haha. As for the microshift I really think you will find its a great kit for the m620. I run it with my bbshd and I think its great, I got 2500ish miles out of my first cassette which was only $35. Personally I really like the dengfu e22, I've read a ton into them as I wanted to do a m620 build and that was my frame of choice. But I know that dengfu has released the e55 with altered geo and a larger battery support so maybe also check it out. If you haven't already checked out this site they have a few really good write ups on the denfu frames. Here's one on the e22, I've seen people talk about the microshift and just other recommendations or just a build thread, lots of great information! Dengfu E22 Frame Thread

Imo I wouldn't go the used frame unless its made for the m620 to start with, messing with adapters doesn't sound fun haha. As for the microshift I really think you will find its a great kit for the m620. I run it with my bbshd and I think its great, I got 2500ish miles out of my first cassette which was only $35. Personally I really like the dengfu e22, I've read a ton into them as I wanted to do a m620 build and that was my frame of choice. But I know that dengfu has released the e55 with altered geo and a larger battery support so maybe also check it out. If you haven't already checked out this site they have a few really good write ups on the denfu frames. Here's one on the e22, I've seen people talk about the microshift and just other recommendations or just a build thread, lots of great information! Dengfu E22 Frame Thread

I learnt a lot from that thread.

I prefer the e22 to the e55. There is a version of the e22 now with the e55 battery compartment but it looks bit weird.

I seen this frame for sale from a U.K. vendor which makes things easier than ordering from China. Prefer the e22 though.
537DF4D7-2554-4917-B864-9F2D9488B2B3.png

The adapter kits look really good. Seller is on here.
487A9C69-4351-46D9-81A4-89415FF5AFC4.png

Reactions: J84
Back