Bafang throttle cut off issue

dialadrone

1 mW
Hi y’all new issue here so I thought I’d start a different thread. I have a cheap banfang front wheel hub like the ones used in Uber/jump bikes https://bafang-e.com/en/oem-area/components/component/motor/fm-g020250350d/

Although it was a little unruly on my little bmx bike It was working great until tonight. Long story short I did some welding/modifications to the frame and probably should have been a little more gentle with it. I banged the bike around a little (with the battery detached) dropped it on its side once or twice well moving it around welding it. Later I gently tapped the battery in place with a rubber mallet into a rack I made for it that goes under the seat. :roll: I was pretty excited to ride it with a new seat/battery rack welded up.

Now when I give it throttle the wheel spins for like two seconds and then stops. If I let the throttle off and try again the same thing happens. It does this under load or on a stand. Basically the wheel turns for a couple seconds and then nothing. I haven’t been able to find any loose wires or connectors.

I feel like a clown since I clearly broke something while modding the frame. Has anyone run into a similar issue? I figure this might be indicative of something obvious for those of you with more experience with e bikes.

Ty for the help!

E-HP said:
dialadrone said:
Long story short I did some welding/modifications to the frame and probably should have been a little more gentle with it.

Arc?

Yep, mig welding around the seat area. I did have the throttle and lcd on the handlebars while I did so and the controller was connected to them but not attached to the frame. I guess If those things were grounded something could have fried the controller, seems unlikely though since it still functions the same minus the issue.

Also should add, I just threw a multimeter on the 48v battery and it reads 54.4 v so I think it’s good charge wise.

Also tested throttle this morning, it reads .83v up to 3.94 so I believe it checks out. Any tips are appreciated. Is there a way to test a cheap controller?

Attachments

• D63B470D-3FA2-4023-BCCD-E953ECB498AC.jpeg
    D63B470D-3FA2-4023-BCCD-E953ECB498AC.jpeg
    330.5 KB · Views: 192
Back