Basic chain drive kit, need help installing

Cajunjay78

1 µW
Hi guys

I bought this basic 24v 250w kit off eBay for £50 but having trouble fixing it to my bike.

The problem being the rear hub, the kit swaps out the cassette for two (bmx) sprockets. But the hub on my wheel doesn't seem to accommodate the adaptor supplied where you attach 2 sprockets to the hub.

Hard to explain I tried to convey the problem in a few photos. The adaptor I left hanging on the hub is what needs to attach to the hub along with the 2 sprockets.

Btw I'm aware this kit is probably from the 90s lol, but it was cheap plus I have batteries already so building for fun until I save up for a haibike and check out ppls cool builds.

Cajunjay78 said:
The problem being the rear hub, the kit swaps out the cassette for two (bmx) sprockets.
The kit is probably designed to replace your 6?-speed freewheel with a pair of single-speed freewheels.
No cassettes or plain sprockets here.
You'll need to unscrew the freewheel body from the hub first.

Cajunjay78 said:
The adaptor I left hanging on the hub is what needs to attach to the hub along with the 2 sprockets.
Looks like you haven't removed the freewheel from the hub yet.

You'll need to do that first.

Most of the time they use the Shimano spline type removal tool.

Park FR-1 should work. There's several variations, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc; they're all the same for a normal bike wheel axle, just some of the higher model numbers have bigger axle holes, etc., for hubmotors.

See the sheldonbrown website for a lot of how-to's on bicycle stuff.

Back