BBS02 Chainring 52T cheapest one ?

alexis57 said:
I think also we'll stop here, we are talking totally different situations.
AND it wasnt my question at all. (I wonder who are trolling)
I think we need to move on, without the testosterone fuelled slagging match, and find a suitable solution to your problem.

We've all been guilty of sniping at each other on this thread (including me) and it's getting super silly now.

alexis57, if you tell us as simply as you can what you want to achieve, then we can start afresh and find a solution :wink:

Whatever your reasons... Here's a cheap one that fits the BBS02: http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=46&product_id=193

alexis57 said:
The cheapest I found is EM3ev here : http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=193
27€ shipping incl.

Do you know another shop ? I didn't find on ebay..

I just wanted to not be stopped at 40-45km/h with my mountain bike (because of the gears). I'd like to go fast to 50-60km/h for some meters when I go to a road with cars (ok you maybe dont see what I mean)

Thank you, indeed, i bought on em3ev since I didnt find cheaper. (it's more the shipping fee than the price itself which is expensive)

alexis57 said:
alexis57 said:
The cheapest I found is EM3ev here : http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=193
27€ shipping incl.

Do you know another shop ? I didn't find on ebay..

I just wanted to not be stopped at 40-45km/h with my mountain bike (because of the gears). I'd like to go fast to 50-60km/h for some meters when I go to a road with cars (ok you maybe dont see what I mean)

OK, that's good news. If you find it hits the chain stay because of the larger size, then I've read that some people have given the chain stay a good whack with a hammer to move it in a bit more.

Have fun at your new speed :D

What ? lol of course Ill need to change the chain.
I didnt understand the thing with the hammer lol ?!

alexis57 said:
What ? lol of course Ill need to change the chain.
I didnt understand the thing with the hammer lol ?!

Lol,I'll explain with a picture. The chainring, due to its extra size, might touch the chainstay at the point of the arrow. It will depend on your particular frame.

Some people have solved the problem by hitting the chainstay at the point of the arrow with a hammer. This dents it inwards enough for the chainring to rotate freely.

omg ! No I measured, it should be ok lol
People really did this ?!

I have an EM3ev 52T lightly used. If you want to over stress your BBS02 and burn it up buy a 52T and lug the motor to death. Seriously, pay attention to your power with a 52T. 52T has been the death of a few... I have a new 48T too. Not a good idea for general use.

haha ok, actually I bought a 48T and 52T.
I think it's the same problem than the guy who stays at 5th speed/gear all ride even for starting.
I have a temp sensor in the motor and I have a hall sensor on one phase. I'll make my test.

Back