Bbs02 compatible bike list

Stiks47

1 µW
Hey guys, n00b here...is there a list on the site of all successful bbs02/bafang/8fun conversion bikes? I'm trying to figure out which bikes are the easiest for converting. Thanks.

All the bike needs is a 68mm-73mm Bottom Bracket and 35mm inner diameter bottom bracket shell to work. I recently installed one on a 2012 Specialized Hardrock and had to ream the bottom bracket shell slightly for it to fit as it was smaller than 35mm. Most manufacturers won't list the inner diameter of the bb shell from what I've seen though so it's hit or miss. Reaming is easy though. Harbor Freight sells a kit for ~80$. Might be able to do it cheaper but this was the quickest solution for me.

There is also a requirement that there be no interference for approximately 3.25 inches in a plane extending out from the right side of the Bottom Bracket. You can search some BBS02 photos on Google to see why this is true. This usually is a problem only on some full suspension bikes or some bikes where the frame has some interesting shape or the rear chain stays widen quickly. See the photo below. The circle on the top in the photo needs to be able to slide all the way up to the right of the bottom bracket.

You can see in this photo of the BBS unit why this is a requirement:
http://sbeva.org/ls/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BBS02-Motor-Assembly.jpg

The thickness of the frame bottom bracket wall needs to be thinner than 1/2", or the unit won't fit due to the space between the motor housing and the bearing tube.

Back