BBSHD 48V firmware

rqxrqx

100 µW
After replacing the controller with a new 48/52V version, the battery gauge displays wrong values for my 48V battery.
Wenn full 54,6V ist shows around 95%, when it is down to 45V it turns red. I seams the gauge is set for an 52V battery.
The old controller showed right values. It seems to be a firmware problem.
Does anyone have the (old) fimeware for the 48V controller version or another solution?

There have been multiple reports about this problem, but I don't know of a resolution yet. One poster replaced his controller with another one (but gave no specifics) and the problem went away, leading him to think it's a bad controller. I doubt that, and it is probably a firmware issue, but...it might not be fixable by end-users this way.

This is one recent thread on the issue
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106088

I don't know how far they got, but this thread is about making new opensource firmware for the BBSHD
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=102148

The controller isn't "bad". It works fine. The problem is that it is for 48 and 52V. My first one, which came with the BBSHD, was for 48V only and showed correct gauge. This was about 1.5 years ago. I'am locking for the firmware for the 48V version only. This is probably the one with the 7H error.

I have the latest firmware CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin on my controller, which I installed because of a 10H problem on the new unused controller.

Is it possible to read the firmware from a controller? If so maybe someone without the problem could retrieve the firmware.

I have tried to contact bafang, without success.
I used the email: info@bafang-e.com
Does anyone know, who to get in contact with them?

Hi,
I have the exact same problem with a new complete BBSHD I have just received, it's as if there has been so much complaining that you couldn't use a 52V battery that now Bafang have updated the firmware so that you now can't use a 48V?

I have had an email from Bafang but only to confirm that I would need to either flash the controller for 48V or get a 52V battery, not very helpful except I have passed that info on to the Aliexpress seller.

On aliexpress and eBay, there are 2 types for sale, 52V or 48V, and there really should be a way of reading the firmware from one and then writing to another.

If I get anywhere then I will let you know.

Bafang controller types.jpg
2nd Bafang service email.jpg

Finaly someone with the same problem. I can flash the firmeware, but I dont know if it is possible to read it from a controller.
If you get it, please let me know!

Ok, so I finally got somewhere with Bafang service.
They have sent me a firmware version for 48v .
I haven't tried flashing it yet as I'm actually on holiday at the moment and sheltering from rain in Scotland.
If you'd like to try it, I should be able to send it to you.
I'll see if I can post it here.

Grey-Beard said:
Ok, so I finally got somewhere with Bafang service.
They have sent me a firmware version for 48v .
I haven't tried flashing it yet as I'm actually on holiday at the moment and sheltering from rain in Scotland.
If you'd like to try it, I should be able to send it to you.
I'll see if I can post it here.

Hey mate, I have a problem where my controller is a 52v 28A build, and i am running a 48v battery and the problem is that the power drops off rapidly as such. Do you have that 48v firmware available? I would like to try flash it.

Do you have a display showing battery voltage ? On my bbs02, I frankly don't care about the green/red battery bar - all I need is checking actual voltage of the battery.

Hey guys!

Any success with this? I've also got the same 48v battery with 52v BBSHD arseache.

Kind regards,
Rob

I finally found a firmware on the internet that solves the problem.
You can download the file here: https://mega.nz/file/CVtiEYwY#Jbs9AjxqF73RHwHR1I_Nr3k54Z85mja7A4ifLtuRZDA
Interestingly it has the same name as a firmware file bafang has send me. But the bafang file leaded to a 30H error!

I have same issue, used a golden motors update, sorted the battery display issue, but the error 30h when I connected with the app.
Well this firmware so that happening

Back