Beefing up my traces

Beavinator

1 kW
Okay heres my dumb question of the day, I have already soldered my shunt up a little. If I beef up my traces will this also add more power? :? When I was riding the bike today it didn't seem to pull as hard and my top end was slower. Upon taking the controller apart I found out why! The glob of solder apparently came off the shunts and was floatin around in there. :oops:Sorry about the blurry pic :roll: Should I put more on the shunt or is that good?

No but it will make it easier for current to flow on the board. It lowers the resistance and reduces heat on the traces under high amp loads. This can also be bad cause if a mosfet shorts on and you dont have a fuse on your battery the traces can get hot enough to reflow the solder on the board and can create hell on the board.

You need some flux and or a hot iron if you want that solder to stick to the shunt but why not program instead of faking the hardware out phystically

The reason why I didn't program it is because I dont have the cable and I dont feel like waiting for it to come in the mail. Plus this controller is not gonna be my final controller so it really doesn't matter if I blow it. In the new year Im gonna get a lyen 18fet.

Back