Best Motor temperature

jpc6000

100 W
For use with phaserunner and bafang mid motors

to prevent the motor from overheating, I want the phaserunner CA to step in and limit the power.
the main thing is what temperature is maximum that is sustainable for the engine? I read at Bafang 80C° and sometimes 120C°.
where to best place the 10K NTC thermistor for CA intervention?
Is it better to use KTY83-110 thermistor? What is the benefit? To use an actively driven signal?
I use the Bafang BBS02, BBSHD and the M620MM G510.750/1000.C motors.
In the bafang BBSHD and the M620 are thermistor in the motor but there are two versions of thermistor used.
how to know witch is used, to set the correct info in the CA, or better use mine own?

Thermistor has a temperature varying resistance (hence therm-istor) so you can identify the sensor simply by measuring resistance and checking vs the spec. Even simpler might be if you can choose between preselected profiles in the CA, then just choose the one with correct temperature reading.

Best place for the sensor is on the motor windings, either jammed in the middle of the motor width between two teeth or if there are phase wires fixated down to a coil then put the sensor between the phase wire and the coil (where one of the hotspots will be.)

Last edited:
to prevent the motor from overheating, I want the phaserunner CA to step in and limit the power.
Which one do you want to do the limiting? The CA, or the PR?

The old phaserunners can't, the thermistor line goes to ca.

I saw in ca manual step in;

limiting temperature values of Temp->ThrshTemp = 90 Deg and Temp->MaxTemp = 130 Deg we use an upper calibration temp of (90°C+130°C)/2 = 110°C,

It's says not that it's's for bafang motors but maybe good reference.

Last edited:
Back