BigBattery Badger 2 in place of 12S Leaf Pack?

evblazer

1 kW
Anyone ever looked at or tried them? I'm just at the stage I kinda just want something that just works and a drop in golf cart replacement battery seems to fit the bill. My setup is limited to 12S cells for voltage so I can't use a higher voltage pack.

The issue is my current leaf pack I bought online gave me max of 20AH before it drops to 40.5V and the mower abruptly stops. I usually run at 30amps light grass up to 60amps when it is thick or mulching. My prior 12S2P leaf pack gave me 100ah or so and was perfect but was wrecked by my not protecting it from the elements/animals/??.

The badger is the best option I have found.
48V BADGER 2 - NMC - 48Ah - 2.1kWh - BigBattery.com
2 of those would be 2x my max discharge rate.
~96AH just over 4X the AH I have now.
the 50.4V max charge fits in with my castle hv controllers I have been using for the blade motors for years since the deck controller burnt out. My current pack charges to ~49.5v.
After the mowing season I could pull them out and easily store them in a box in a detached shed.

It is probably 2-3x the cost of leaf cells if I got lucky and get good leaf cells but comes all setup in a ready to go package it seems.

Other options are 7K on a used mean green standing mower, just get a gas mower, pay someone 4-5k a year to mow it.

Last edited:
Back