BionX Launches Hub Motor with Integrated 3-speed

jmygann

100 kW
http://www.bike-eu.com/news/3611/bionx-launches-hub-motor-with-integrated-3-speed.html

welll... to say the motor benefits by the gears is kinda vague doncha tink, or could just be a language thing.
it's a pedelec, so yeah, anything that helps the pedal-ler is gonna help the motor.
not quite the same thing as concisely spelling out 'the motor drives the gears'.
which given that this is a holy grail of sorts u know marketing would be underscoring the point repeatedly to ensure we don't overlook the big breakthru.
sounds more like it's strictly a megarange for the human input so the rider can continue to contribute without topping out.
for a pedelec that's would limit the motors full contribution since cranking is also ur throttle.
dunno, i'll remain in a state of missouri on this one.

Undoubtedly, the IGH3 hub allows folder bikes like Dahon which, before the conversion had 27 gears (3x9) though an SRAM 3x internal gear on the rear, to be restored back to 27 gears as opposed to 9. The current only way to restore bigger gearing back to a Bionx equipped bike is to add a Schlump drive. I think Denis with his PL-500 setup has this. The IGH3 will bring back the top gears that I do not have now on my own Dahon MuSL. You know, it feels really bad to have smoked the Lycra carbon bike racers up to the top of the hill only to be smoked badly coming down because I spin out at around 33km/h!

DE.

Back