BMS for 52volt 14s?

Looks like 14s6p = 84 cells. 14s7p would have been 98 cells, so doesn't fit in that case.

The reason you have two rows of 6 next to each other most of those plates is because you are suppose to put six cells' positive ends down on one half of the plate, then 6 cells negative ends down on the other half - creating the series connection between two p-groups. You'll notice the end of the battery has a plate with only 6 instead of 12 spots. That's because that's for the last p-group which only needs one serial connection, which is done by the 12 spots plate on the other half of the battery. So that half of the battery only needs a 6-spot plate facing the 12 spot one.
Hmm. Any idea how the wiring should be soldered on here?

I get a bit confused when everything is diagonal for some reason 🤔.

Anyhow I think the pattern is correct now, as I've laid it down on the table here below to the right. Just trying to figure out where I should solder on my cables going to the bms now, so I am not doing it wrong 🤔.

A bit confused since everyhing is diagonal and so on 🤔. Any input?

Attachments

• 52 volt scheduling.png
    52 volt scheduling.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-14 kl. 14.02.26.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-14 kl. 14.02.26.png
    988.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I understand how how to spot weld them. Like the green arrows on the other side of this picture, right?

Now, how would you guys have gone about doing this? First welded all the parallells perhaps? On one side.

And then turned them all around and welded them on the other in series or in what order?

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 10.26.43.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 10.26.43.png
    593.5 KB · Views: 2
Maybe room for the BMS. That BMS that you're looking at will it fit in your battery case or will it be external. They make three or four different size packs for 36 48 and 52 volt the combination of cells you put in there is you do the math. But I even noticed on professionally made and resold battery packs on battery hookup there's some hollow spots in the center.
I will make it fit by cutting of the three slots that are empty. At least that is the plan. So it fits below there.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 10.48.20.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 10.48.20.png
    790.4 KB · Views: 1
Like most cases, the case can support various configurations, including 48v, 13S7P (91 cells).
Any idea what this thing is called in english that he is using before he weld them. I think it is for getting them aligned and still. Seems neat:

Attachments

• 41EA37DA-E726-43FB-B9BF-443CF197CC92.jpeg
    41EA37DA-E726-43FB-B9BF-443CF197CC92.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 2
Any idea what this thing is called in english that he is using before he weld them. I think it is for getting them aligned and still. Seems neat:
Never mind I found one. Apparantly they are called battery holders for welding or something. Pretty neat to have so the cells become straight and all.

Back