Bought used zooz bike 36v 250w, need more punch!

Cajunjay78

1 µW
Hi guys

Bought a used zooz bike a few weeks ago, it's a awesome bike to ride, extremely comfortable despite no suspension.

Top speed is only around 17mph but it's fine for me to be honest. Thing is the throttle response is terrible, takes around 1 second once pushed before the power kicks in.
The torque is very weak and I'm here to ask advice on how to up the power?
Maybe just a different controller, the stock battery is 36v 16ah if that helps.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20240122_181943.jpg
    20240122_181943.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
I am not the expert of choice on this one, or honestly on most things, but breaking stuff and being too big for most toys I got down.

My son's really chintzy teensy Jetson E-bike shivers in fear when I walk by it, but when I have ridden it, the response was not slow. It is a 28v system with a declared 350 watts, if it can get my 280 pound bum moving quickly, I think your bike probably has a lack elsewhere. any hot wires on it? when you ride, for a few minutes push it hard, then actually feel the power lines if you can, often the first place to look is where there is excess heat. I like to think of it as the "Stop Resisting" rule of electronics.

Hmmmm, work a check.

Will check that out tomorrow!

If there is no problem I'm just guessing the controller is limited but I'm no expert either.

A few others have been disappointed with the slow throttle response but no problem with torque as most of these bikes are 48v 750w or 48v 1100v I just happened to buy the lowest powered version as it was going for a good price.

Tell me about it, this whole adventure started with my son saying "Dad, lets go spend lots of money so your stupid impulse management causes wierdness" ok, he said "I want an e-bike, what do you know about them?" the rest was my over-charged response...

Getting back to your original problem description, evidently you are experiencing an undesired 1-second lag between throttle and when the motor begins to spin?

Some controllers have a "soft start" feature that may or may not be user-configurable.

Can you provide details of the controller? Photos of the label?

A higher amp output controller would likely produce better acceleration, but with some risk of overheating/burining out the motor.

Rear direct drive hubmotor? Or geared?

Hi guys

Bought a used zooz bike a few weeks ago, it's a awesome bike to ride, extremely comfortable despite no suspension.

Top speed is only around 17mph but it's fine for me to be honest. Thing is the throttle response is terrible, takes around 1 second once pushed before the power kicks in.
The torque is very weak and I'm here to ask advice on how to up the power?
Maybe just a different controller, the stock battery is 36v 16ah if that helps.

Thanks
Check the capacitors in the controller and they are 63v then upgrade the battery pack to 48v. There’s probably a reason they don’t make the 36v version anymore.

Back