Broken display within ten days ownership

Carlbooze

100 mW
Hello All:

December 10th, my Shengmilo M90 Mtb arrived, at my home, but by 10 days later both the PAS, throttle and walking mode had stopped functioning. It happened after setting the display one day, before going out for a ride. Then I discovered that nothing worked except the light, when I tried using any of the pas/throttle functions. Also, the front brake wouldn't work after I loosened some tension in the cable, which then caused the bike not to stop after pressing the lever

After contacting Shengmilo to detail my problem, the dealer narrowed the problem down to the display.

A part of me really wanted to pack the ebike back up and send it back, but since the dealer was ready to send me the parts I needed, and because I knew that I could just as easily encounter another problem from buying another new ebike, I declined returning it.

M90 Mtb details: 29 inch, rear drive hub motor, with 500 W 48volt 17ah battery

Brakes - Hydraulic front and rear

Display - M5 lcd

I'd like to know if anyone else has had similar or worse problems with a brand new ebike, and we're the items fixed to your satisfaction?

Also, how could this happen with a new ebike? Had this been you, would you have sent the ebike back?

Lastly, if the aforementioned problems weren't involving the display, could it then be the controller malfunctioning at such an early phase in ownership?

Thanks, I'd appreciate most any response to my rambling.

Back